Error calling Microsoft DLL

I am trying to link a library created with MS Dev Studio into a C++Builder4 project, but cannot get around the following error:

[Linker Error] 'D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\PROJECTS\LIBMISCM\DEBUG\LIBMISCM.LIB' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF).

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
(I know that my main problem is using microsoft at all, but hey, I'm stuck)

Thanks in advance...

Re:Error calling Microsoft DLL

You cannot use libraries created with one compiler with another one.
Search these forums. The issue has been discussed many, many times.

Alex

[snip]

"Alex Bakaev [TeamB]" <al...@jetsuite.com> wrote:

>You cannot use libraries created with one compiler with another one.
>Search these forums. The issue has been discussed many, many times.

>Alex

>Dan Woerner wrote:
>[snip]

In case anyone else wants to read up on this problem,
the group is borland.public.cppbuilder.ms_compatability
and they have a reference to:

http://www.bcbdev.com/articles/vcdll.htm

that goes into detail on how to solve the problem.

Other Threads