Linker errors with the DelphiInterface module (and others)

I am getting some weird linker problems while trying to build an existing
BCB4 project in BCB5 for the first time:

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
System::DelphiInterface<Controls::IDockManager>::~DelphiInterface<Controls::
IDockManager>()' referenced from D:\...\OBJ\MAINFORM.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
System::Set<Graphics::TFontStyle, 0, 3>::operator <<(const
Graphics::TFontStyle)' referenced from D:\...\OBJ\MAINFORM.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
System::Set<Windows::Windows__1, 0, 12>::Contains(const Windows::Windows__1)
const' referenced from D:\...\OBJ\MAINFORM.OBJ

I guess I am missing a library or module, but which one?  Surely he IDE
should be
smart enough to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
regards,

Sholto Douglas
His Nerdship Pty Ltd
Tel: +61 2 9955 8296 (home)
Mobile:  0412 292 169
Email:  sho...@alpha.net.au

Re:Linker errors with the DelphiInterface module (and others)

: "Sholto Douglas" <sho...@amicus.net> wrote:

>I am getting some weird linker problems while trying to build an existing
>BCB4 project in BCB5 for the first time:

* Delete all binary files (*.obj, *.il?, *.csm, *.#??, *.tds).

* Verify that none of the BCB4 files are anywhere on the path.

* Perform a Build | All.
Does the problem persist? If yes, please provide reproducible steps,
including complete, compiling source code no longer than 20 lines that
allow others to see the problem.

Thank you.

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/

Re:Linker errors with the DelphiInterface module (and others)

Thanks Stefan,
I got these problems after I had created a new directory, and re-created the
project using BCB5 (several sodding times).  So I had already done what you
had suggested.
I finally fixed it by going back to the original project (.BPR) file from
BCB4, which was automatically updated by BCB5.  I am normally reluctant to
do this because I have always had trouble migrating versions of BCB, so I
try and remove all legacy files and start with {*word*269} files created by the
new version.
However in this case using the BCB4 project was the only thing that worked.
Sorry I can't tell you how or why it worked.  If anyone is really interested
I could send both project files.

Why do Borland put us through this pain barrier with every new version?
--
regards,

Sholto Douglas
His Nerdship Pty Ltd
Tel: +61 2 9955 8296 (home)
Mobile:  0412 292 169
Email:  sho...@alpha.net.au

: "Sholto Douglas" <sho...@alpha.net.au> wrote:

>Why do Borland put us through this pain barrier with every new version?

There is always the chance that you did something wrong.

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/

Re:Linker errors with the DelphiInterface module (and others)

> >Why do Borland put us through this pain barrier with every new version?

> There is always the chance that you did something wrong.

Sure I did something wrong.  However, it does seem mighty easy to do.

Other Threads