Ancestor component not found

TTop is derived from TMiddle is derived from TBottom is derived from
TDataModule.

TBottom contains a TTable with a large number of persistent TFields.

In the designer I deleted 3 of the persistent fields (I may have renamed one
of them).

Now, every time I start BCB6 I get the the following message for EACH of the
3 deleted fields
----
Ancestor component not found

Modifications to component [DeletedField] were recorded in form Top but the
ancestor component was not found in form Middle.

The error message box contains a radio group of choices viz.

Component was deleted, delete reference.

Component was renamed to ....

Create component as new on the descendent.
------

Regardless of what road I go down the same error box reappears each time I
start up BCB6

I tried a clean build but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Re:Ancestor component not found

Managed to resolve this by creating two new files and pasting the TTop and
TMiddle cpp and h files into them and doing clean build.

"Tom Byars" <tamby...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> TTop is derived from TMiddle is derived from TBottom is derived from
> TDataModule.

> TBottom contains a TTable with a large number of persistent TFields.

> In the designer I deleted 3 of the persistent fields (I may have renamed
one
> of them).

> Now, every time I start BCB6 I get the the following message for EACH of
the
> 3 deleted fields
> ----
> Ancestor component not found

> Modifications to component [DeletedField] were recorded in form Top but
the
> ancestor component was not found in form Middle.

> The error message box contains a radio group of choices viz.

> Component was deleted, delete reference.

> Component was renamed to ....

> Create component as new on the descendent.
> ------

> Regardless of what road I go down the same error box reappears each time I
> start up BCB6

> I tried a clean build but to no avail.

> Any suggestions?

Other Threads