Component for Serial communication !

Hi !

If you know where I can get a free component for serial communication that
incudes functions for reading and writing Serial Ports, I would appreciate
it, if you could let me know !

Im developing an application, which is using an infrared device placed on a
serial Port.

Thanks !

Thue, Copenhagen

P.S Any other advices and suggestions are very welcome !

Re:Component for Serial communication !

>>P.S Any other advices and suggestions are very welcome !

Just a question: Why do you want a _free_ component? I'd prefer one that
works over one that is free.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)
C++Builder Developer's Journal (http://www.reisdorph.com)

Re:Component for Serial communication !

> If you know where I can get a free component for serial communication that

A couple of ways:

1) Get a component to do the work.  Check out commercial products listed
on the Borland web site:

http://netserv.inprise.com/bcppbuilder/bcppbtools.html#comm

Shareware ones on Torry's:

http://www.torry.webnorth.com/comms.htm

2) Roll your own by using the Win32 CreateFile API.  Check out the win32.hlp
file (under "Communications"), as well as the following links:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/msdnlib.idc?theURL=/library/sdkdoc/wi...
http://www.traverse.com/people/poinsett/bcbcomm.html
http://www.temporaldoorway.com/programming/cbuilder/windowsapi/readin...
| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
| http://www.buddydog.org                           |

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of Smart?
 - Anonymous

Re:Component for Serial communication !

Im sorry but I dont understand your energi in replying, when youre not
adding any help, at least in this case ...

Suggestions are very welcome, but not opinions that cant help...
I suppose youre a nice guy and all, but Im writing "free" because Ive
made that decition.

Thanks anyway for your interest !

Kent Reisdorph (TeamB) skrev i meddelelsen
<7oscai$c...@forums.borland.com>...

>>>P.S Any other advices and suggestions are very welcome !

>Just a question: Why do you want a _free_ component? I'd prefer one that
>works over one that is free.

>--
>Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)
>C++Builder Developer's Journal (http://www.reisdorph.com)

Re:Component for Serial communication !

Thanks for the links Jonathan !

The reason I want a component, is that ive allready messed with the API,
and in many cases its annoying so ....

But i guess thats the final way if I end up with nothing : )

Thanks

Thue

TTS wrote:
> Hi !

> If you know where I can get a free component for serial communication ...

Check next addresses:
1. http://www.rogerssisco.com/z/index.htm - this is preffered
2. http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/ - here you can find also a lot of free
components for different tasks.

Is it help?

TTS <d97...@tron.lyngbyes.dk> wrote in message
> The reason I want a component, is that ive allready messed with the API,
> and in many cases its annoying so ....

Communication Software Components a nice little component called ZComm. It
wraps all of the basic API comm functions. It works great!

It has a free personal use license or evaluation only use license. You can
find it at:

http://www.rogerssisco.com/z/zcomm.htm

-- Dave

Re:Component for Serial communication !

TTS a crit:

> Hi !

> If you know where I can get a free component for serial communication that
> incudes functions for reading and writing Serial Ports, I would appreciate
> it, if you could let me know !

> Im developing an application, which is using an infrared device placed on a
> serial Port.

> Thanks !

> Thue, Copenhagen

> P.S Any other advices and suggestions are very welcome !

See TComThread. The component is freeware, the source code may be purchased :

website : http://www.protogene.com/people/giles/builder.html
email : gi...@protogene.com

Daniel Delande (daniel.dela...@fnac.net)

Re:Component for Serial communication !

HI try
http://www.torry.webnorth.com/comms.htm
It's got loads of comms stuf on. I hav'nt had time to look @ them yet. BUT
...I did get an Error 403 today...13:40 BST so keep trying.
Kieron

> Im sorry but I dont understand your energi in replying, when youre not
> adding any help, at least in this case ...

> Suggestions are very welcome, but not opinions that cant help...
> I suppose youre a nice guy and all, but Im writing "free" because Ive
> made that decition.

> Thanks anyway for your interest !

> Kent Reisdorph (TeamB) skrev i meddelelsen
> <7oscai$c...@forums.borland.com>...

> >Just a question: Why do you want a _free_ component? I'd prefer one that
> >works over one that is free.

> >--
> >Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)
> >C++Builder Developer's Journal (http://www.reisdorph.com)