Board index » cppbuilder » Editor , Block identation

Editor , Block identation

In Visual C++ I was used to ident a block of code by selecting it and then
pressing <TAB>.
In CCP I have to press CTRL + K + I  which I find rather complicated. Is
there no way
to chang the key combination to  <TAB> ?

Regards
Martin

 

Re:Editor , Block identation


Martin Meier,

  \Tools\Editor options\[Key mappings]

Select 'Visual Studio(TM) emulation'
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Editor , Block identation


Andrue,

Sorry, bu this does not work for me,

Tab seems to always delete the selected text and not to ident it.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for help
Martin [Zurich, Switzerland]

"Andrue Cope" <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:VA.00001ac7.010c4006@email.address.sorry...

Quote
> Martin Meier,

>   \Tools\Editor options\[Key mappings]

> Select 'Visual Studio(TM) emulation'
> --
> Andrue Cope
> [Bicester, UK]

> Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Editor , Block identation


Unfortunately, the Visual studio emulation doesn't work for that feature.
This may get fixed in next version but who knows?
Pete

Quote
"Martin Meier" <martin.me...@skillboerse.ch> wrote in message

news:3e526017@newsgroups.borland.com...
Andrue,

Sorry, bu this does not work for me,

Tab seems to always delete the selected text and not to ident it.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for help
Martin [Zurich, Switzerland]

"Andrue Cope" <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:VA.00001ac7.010c4006@email.address.sorry...

Quote
> Martin Meier,

>   \Tools\Editor options\[Key mappings]

> Select 'Visual Studio(TM) emulation'
> --
> Andrue Cope
> [Bicester, UK]

> Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Editor , Block identation


Martin Meier,

Quote
> Sorry, bu this does not work for me,

> Tab seems to always delete the selected text and not to ident it.

What version of Builder are you using? I tested it before I posted
and it worked for me with BCB6.

Hmmm. Try setting \Tools\Editor options\[General]:Persistent blocks
to checked.
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Editor , Block identation


I am using BCB 5.0 Prof.

Helped 50%, now the block is not deleted anymore when I press <TAB>,
but it is not idented (I have selected Keymappings / Visual Studio emulation
and General / Persistent blocks)

Regards
Martin

"Andrue Cope" <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:VA.00001acf.0186de6f@email.address.sorry...

Quote
> Martin Meier,

> > Sorry, bu this does not work for me,

> > Tab seems to always delete the selected text and not to ident it.

> What version of Builder are you using? I tested it before I posted
> and it worked for me with BCB6.

> Hmmm. Try setting \Tools\Editor options\[General]:Persistent blocks
> to checked.
> --
> Andrue Cope
> [Bicester, UK]

> Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Editor , Block identation


you can also press <Ctrl+shift> + I or U (default keyboard layout) to indent
a block, which i find easier than <ctrl> + k + i.

Palle

Quote
"Martin Meier" <martin.me...@skillboerse.ch> wrote in message

news:3e527306@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> I am using BCB 5.0 Prof.

> Helped 50%, now the block is not deleted anymore when I press <TAB>,
> but it is not idented (I have selected Keymappings / Visual Studio
emulation
> and General / Persistent blocks)

> Regards
> Martin

> "Andrue Cope" <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:VA.00001acf.0186de6f@email.address.sorry...
> > Martin Meier,

> > > Sorry, bu this does not work for me,

> > > Tab seems to always delete the selected text and not to ident it.

> > What version of Builder are you using? I tested it before I posted
> > and it worked for me with BCB6.

> > Hmmm. Try setting \Tools\Editor options\[General]:Persistent blocks
> > to checked.
> > --
> > Andrue Cope
> > [Bicester, UK]

> > Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Editor , Block identation


Martin Meier,

Quote
> I am using BCB 5.0 Prof.

Ah. I vaguely recall seeing reports of problems a couple of years
ago. That must be something that was fixed by BCB6.
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Editor , Block identation


In message <3e524...@newsgroups.borland.com>, Martin Meier
<martin.me...@skillboerse.ch> writes

Quote
>In Visual C++ I was used to ident a block of code by selecting it and then
>pressing <TAB>.
>In CCP I have to press CTRL + K + I  which I find rather complicated. Is
>there no way
>to chang the key combination to  <TAB> ?

Shift+Control+I and Shift+Control+U are easier combinations to use.

--
Rob Allen

Re:Editor , Block identation


Yes, this was fixed by BCB6
Rgds Pete
Also Team Thai Kingdom

Quote
"Andrue Cope" <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry> wrote in message

news:VA.00001ad2.002885e6@email.address.sorry...
Martin Meier,

Quote
> I am using BCB 5.0 Prof.

Ah. I vaguely recall seeing reports of problems a couple of years
ago. That must be something that was fixed by BCB6.
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Team Thai Kingdom

Other Threads