2-D mapping tool, using Builder

Does anyone know of a shareware, freeware or commercial tool that allows

someone to display (and move) an icon on a map.  I want to move an item
around on a 2-d map based on latitude and longituded using C++ Builder.
I'd like to be able to scan maps or pictures in and plot the moving
position of
an object.

Thanks

Re:2-D mapping tool, using Builder

It's rather commercial, but Mapinfo MapX component has been pretty well
behaved using BCB 5 - dunno about earlier models, I tried it on the original
4 (released as the trial 4.0 enterprise edition), no luck with that one.

However, once the MapX COM component is typelib'd, there was no problem
using it, and with it's animationlayer you can pretty easily paint (and
move) icons/bitmaps around.

You can use regular "raster" images for background, with real or "pixel"
coordinates.

Mapinfo have a trial version at www.mapx.com or www.mapinfo.com if you want
to check it out.

/Micke

> Does anyone know of a shareware, freeware or commercial tool that allows
> someone to display (and move) an icon on a map.  I want to move an item
> around on a 2-d map based on latitude and longituded using C++ Builder.
> I'd like to be able to scan maps or pictures in and plot the moving
> position of
> an object.

Re:2-D mapping tool, using Builder

Hi,

I believe Tglobe supports what you need:
www.tglobe.com

Regards,
Jim

spw <s...@metricsys.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know of a shareware, freeware or commercial tool that allows

> someone to display (and move) an icon on a map.  I want to move an item
> around on a 2-d map based on latitude and longituded using C++ Builder.
> I'd like to be able to scan maps or pictures in and plot the moving
> position of
> an object.

> Thanks

Other Threads