When is a RadioGroup a RadioGroup?

When I place a RadioGroup component inside a frame and then put RadioButtons inside it (ie. as you
would)- those radio buttons don't move with the parent. They belong to the parent above the one I've
given it.
Every time I put the RadioButtons in the RadioGroup they still think they belong the parent higher
up ie. setting top to 0 makes them jump to the outer frame.
What's going on ? Isn't the whole purpose of the RadioGroup to do this properly?

Confused.

The panel works fine - I guess I'll have to use it. So, what's the point of the RadioGroup then if
it doesn't work how you would expect?

I'm using BCB3

thanks for any help.

Re:When is a RadioGroup a RadioGroup?

Radio items are added to a TRadioGroup using it's "Items" property, which can be
accessed using the Object Inspector.

  Max.

"Peter vdW" <spurrymo...@nospambigpond.com> wrote in message

> When I place a RadioGroup component inside a frame and then put RadioButtons

inside it (ie. as you
> would)- those radio buttons don't move with the parent. They belong to the

parent above the one I've
> given it.
> Every time I put the RadioButtons in the RadioGroup they still think they

belong the parent higher
> up ie. setting top to 0 makes them jump to the outer frame.

> What's going on ? Isn't the whole purpose of the RadioGroup to do this
properly?

> Confused.

> The panel works fine - I guess I'll have to use it. So, what's the point of

the RadioGroup then if
> it doesn't work how you would expect?

> I'm using BCB3

> thanks for any help.

Re:When is a RadioGroup a RadioGroup?

"Peter vdW" <spurrymo...@nospambigpond.com> wrote in message

> Every time I put the RadioButtons in the RadioGroup they still think they

belong the parent higher
> up ie. setting top to 0 makes them jump to the outer frame.

> What's going on ? Isn't the whole purpose of the RadioGroup to do this

properly?

No, actually, because TRadioGroup maintains it's *OWN* instances of
TRadioButtons internally when you create them using the Items property.  If
you want to just drop TRadioButtons into the group and move them around,
then use a TGroupBox instead

> The panel works fine - I guess I'll have to use it. So, what's the point

of the RadioGroup then if

> it doesn't work how you would expect?

It does, when you use it correctly, which is done by using the Items
property of TRadioGroup instead

Gambit

Other Threads