Using CDX Direct-X Wrapper with BCB

I am an newbie in DirectX Programming and stepped over this CDX-Wrapper.

Charlie Calvert has rewritten some Sample Programs for BCB but whenever
I try
to compile one of them, there is an error in the CDX.h:

42: LPDIRECTDRAW4 GetDD(void) { return m_DirectDraw; }

Type name expected.

I've included the CDX Files in the Project-Options/Directory Settings.
Do I need the DirectX SDK? I use the BCB 3.

Please help!

Re:Using CDX Direct-X Wrapper with BCB

I am an newbie in DirectX Programming and stepped over this CDX-Wrapper.

Charlie Calvert has rewritten some Sample Programs for BCB but whenever
I try
to compile one of them, there is an error in the CDX.h:

42: LPDIRECTDRAW4 GetDD(void) { return m_DirectDraw; }

Type name expected.

I've included the CDX Files in the Project-Options/Directory Settings.
Do I need the DirectX SDK?

I use the BCB 3.
I think the ddraw.h included in BCB is only for direct-x 3. Is this
true?

Please help!

Re:Using CDX Direct-X Wrapper with BCB

Hi Andy,

> Do I need the DirectX SDK?
> I think the ddraw.h included in BCB is only for direct-x 3. Is this true?

Yes, you need the DX6SDK in order to get DirectDraw4 support.
//jt

Other Threads