Looking for the mos suitable control to display graphics files as thumbnails

Hi All,

I have a form in which I want to put a control to display the contents of
any directory. The directories will contain graphics files. I would like
my control to have the option of displaying a small image of each file
(thumbnail) along with the name of the file. I also want the control to have
scroll capabilities so that the user were able to view any graphics files
by scrolling either up or down. Furthermore, the user should be able to
click
on any graphics file, and that file should be sent to another window of the
same
main application (I would need separate code to do this).
Would an Scroll Box allow this functionality or is there any other
Builder control more suitable (eg. with more features) than the Scroll Box?

I would appreciate any help very much.

Thanks in advance
Rodolfo

Re:Looking for the mos suitable control to display graphics files as thumbnails

We are doing something similar by customising a TListView and TImageList
controls... Have a look at them and see what you think

Simon

"Rodolfo Frino" <starcinema2...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in

> Hi All,

> I have a form in which I want to put a control to display the contents
> of any directory. The directories will contain graphics files. I would
> like my control to have the option of displaying a small image of each
> file (thumbnail) along with the name of the file. I also want the
> control to have scroll capabilities so that the user were able to view
> any graphics files by scrolling either up or down. Furthermore, the
> user should be able to click
> on any graphics file, and that file should be sent to another window
> of the same
> main application (I would need separate code to do this).
> Would an Scroll Box allow this functionality or is there any other
> Builder control more suitable (eg. with more features) than the Scroll
> Box?

> I would appreciate any help very much.

> Thanks in advance
> Rodolfo

Re:Looking for the mos suitable control to display graphics files as thumbnails

Thanks Simon

Other Threads