TServerSocket & TClientSocket

If i would like to create a communication program like chat program.  Do i'm
obligate to use serversocket or i can only use clientsocket for my program.

thanks

Re:TServerSocket & TClientSocket

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:59:53 -0700, "ric" <er...@pandore.qc.ca>
wrote:

>If i would like to create a communication program like chat program.  Do i'm
>obligate to use serversocket or i can only use clientsocket for my program.

>thanks

I can't think how you would do it without using a TServerSocket which
the TClientSocket connected to. For an example of a Chat program,
go to Borland/Inprise's home page. For _another_ sample program,
(which I wrote) plus an article explaining it, go to:

http://www.dcjournal.com

John C.

"I get the impression that C's designers were personally charged $1000 for
every reserved word in the language and $2000 for each concept, that C
programmers are charged $5 for every character in each program they write,
and that minimizing these costs was a major design goal. It is, in my
opinion, very much the wrong metric". Arthur Evans, Jr.

Other Threads