looking for feedback on BCB-Tools DirectX library

I am planning to purchase the Dx_Draw_Library.
Is this library recommended?  Any problems with it?
For creating one surface, would I be better off just using DirectX calls?

Re:looking for feedback on BCB-Tools DirectX library

I have briefly looked at the Dx_Draw_Library and IMO it is not worth
bothering with.

It wraps up some DX stuff adequately, but the productivity increase I would
expect from a RAD component is minimal at best.

On a plus point, I did find the error events quite useful.

If you are really just going to create a surface, then you would indeed be
better off coding it yourself.

Don't take my word on it though - you can make the comparison yourself by
looking at some of the BCB-Tools example source-code and comparing them to
equivalent DX SDK code (I believe one of the BCB-Tools examples is actually
a modified DX SDK example).

Good Luck

--
Van Tumour
----------------------------------

Re:looking for feedback on BCB-Tools DirectX library

I have the libs....but don't have much time to work with them (being a
hobbyist...I don't get to code all day).
The owners are VERY very helpful and will bend over backwards to give you
support.
Borland has recognized them as some sort of "technology partner" and they do
have quite a few satisifed customers.
I think you may be able to download trial versions of older libraries too.

email them and find out about what you can do, I'm sure it will be worth the
email.

Martin Fensome

"Van Tumour" <v...@vantumour.com> wrote in message news:3c0fee2b$1_1@dnews...
> I have briefly looked at the Dx_Draw_Library and IMO it is not worth
> bothering with.

> It wraps up some DX stuff adequately, but the productivity increase I
would
> expect from a RAD component is minimal at best.

> On a plus point, I did find the error events quite useful.

> If you are really just going to create a surface, then you would indeed be
> better off coding it yourself.

> Don't take my word on it though - you can make the comparison yourself by
> looking at some of the BCB-Tools example source-code and comparing them to
> equivalent DX SDK code (I believe one of the BCB-Tools examples is
actually
> a modified DX SDK example).

> Good Luck

> --