object Inspector - coding

Hi,

Does anyone know how the object inspector is created (in code)?

I've been looking to do this kind of interface for years in various
applications, but never quite known how to go about it.

Cheers,

Mat.

Re:object Inspector - coding

I am making my own object inspector for a project here.  I found a
TPropertyGrid component at http://www.torry.com.  It mostly emulates the
Object Inspector visually, but does not extract the properties from objects.
For that, you need to use the undocumented typinfo.hpp unit.  For info on
using that, try http://www.blong.com/Conferences/ICon99/C++RTTI/4050.htm

--
Steve 'Sly' Williams
Tools Developer

> Does anyone know how the object inspector is created (in code)?

> I've been looking to do this kind of interface for years in various
> applications, but never quite known how to go about it.

Re:object Inspector - coding

Cheers Steve,

just for the record, that website http://www.torry.com didn't work. I could
just be my connection, though.

I found TPropertyGrid at http://sb3.boom.ru/delphi.html which may be the
same thing.

Cheers,

Mat.

Steve Williams wrote in message <904dic$4p...@bornews.inprise.com>...
>I am making my own object inspector for a project here.  I found a
>TPropertyGrid component at http://www.torry.com.  It mostly emulates the
>Object Inspector visually, but does not extract the properties from
objects.
>For that, you need to use the undocumented typinfo.hpp unit.  For info on
>using that, try http://www.blong.com/Conferences/ICon99/C++RTTI/4050.htm

>--
>Steve 'Sly' Williams
>Tools Developer
>http://www.kromestudios.com

>> Does anyone know how the object inspector is created (in code)?

>> I've been looking to do this kind of interface for years in various
>> applications, but never quite known how to go about it.

Re:object Inspector - coding

> just for the record, that website http://www.torry.com didn't work. I could
> just be my connection, though.

Check:

http://homepages.borland.com/torry/

Check my web page for more pointers.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)      |
|         Comprehensive C++Builder link site:         |
| http://www.buddydog.org/C++Builder/c++builder.html  |

Robert Frost defining education:
   "hanging around until you've caught on."

Other Threads