Problems after creating ole automation wrapper - newby

My app compiles fine, until I convert it into an oleautomation object.
Obviously, the app switches from using sysutils.hpp to another module for
the function StrToInt.
My app says v = StrToInt(MyEdit->text) which works fine.
After adding ole wrapper it complains that the parameter passed should be a
char * and not an AnsiString
Where should I start looking please and why has the wrapper broken the
application

--
Claire Humphrey
Software Engineer

Re:Problems after creating ole automation wrapper - newby

Hi, Claire!

In almost all cases, the string that should be passed to automation
objects should be a BSTR, which can be created by StringToOleStr.

Without a look at the code, it's hard to offer more.

 ------
Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at http://www.temporaldoorway.com
(original digital art, writing, music and more)
C++ Builder / JBuilder Tips and The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring (Join us!)
------

Other Threads