icon name and exe name are different

Hello,

I have a project group that holds two projects (let's say Proj1.exe and
Proj2.exe) sharing multiple forms.
Each .exe has its own icon, say Proj1Icon.ico and Proj2Icon.ico.
Depending on the .exe I run, the right icon is set in all forms.
For project1 everything is OK.
For project2 however, when being runned, Proj2Icon.ico appears in the
Windows task-bar (as should be!)
but the icon of the .exe itself is Proj1Icon.ico and NOT Proj2Icon.ico.
In other words, when I go to my directory with the two .exe's, both have the
same icon (Proj1Icon.ico ) which is rather confusing for the user.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bob

Re:icon name and exe name are different

Leslie,

The only suggestion I have is that there are two locations that icons are
set.  One is the form itself.  The other is the application icon.  The form
icon is just a property edittable in the Object Inspector.  The application
icon is set in the "Project | Options" area.  The application icon is the
one used for the EXE.

- Clayton

Leslie Bortels <lbort...@vub.ac.be> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I have a project group that holds two projects (let's say Proj1.exe and
> Proj2.exe) sharing multiple forms.
> Each .exe has its own icon, say Proj1Icon.ico and Proj2Icon.ico.
> Depending on the .exe I run, the right icon is set in all forms.
> For project1 everything is OK.
> For project2 however, when being runned, Proj2Icon.ico appears in the
> Windows task-bar (as should be!)
> but the icon of the .exe itself is Proj1Icon.ico and NOT Proj2Icon.ico.
> In other words, when I go to my directory with the two .exe's, both have
the
> same icon (Proj1Icon.ico ) which is rather confusing for the user.

> Any help would be appreciated!

> Bob

Other Threads