editable objects: list vs grid

any recommendations or pros and cons on whether to use a list box vs grid
when displaying a list of multiple field objects where some columns will be
editable (ie using combo boxes, text fields or check boxes) - ie similar to
tables in Java.  thks

Re:editable objects: list vs grid

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:15:16 -0700, JT <jtta...@tabermatics.com>
wrote:

>any recommendations or pros and cons on whether to use a list box vs grid
>when displaying a list of multiple field objects where some columns will be
>editable (ie using combo boxes, text fields or check boxes) - ie similar to
>tables in Java.  thks

You should look into third-party grids, which often offer the ability
to include various types of controls in cells.

Re:editable objects: list vs grid

> whether to use a list box vs grid when
> displaying a list of multiple field objects

  You should use most certainly a StringGrid.
It has an Objects property which allows you
to associate custom controls with a particular
cell, thus reducing your work in half.

  But, as Michael mentioned, you can also
get a freeware component that will do the job
for you.

--
Yoto Yotov

Yoto Yotov wrote:

> > whether to use a list box vs grid when
> > displaying a list of multiple field objects

>   You should use most certainly a StringGrid.
> It has an Objects property which allows you
> to associate custom controls with a particular
> cell, thus reducing your work in half.

>   But, as Michael mentioned, you can also
> get a freeware component that will do the job
> for you.

Does this mean I can associate a combo to a cell and have it pop up
automatically when the field is entered?

KenF

Other Threads