BCB5 Docking Example and conjoin dock hosts

I am playing about with BCB5's docking example so I can implement docking in
our application.  The problem that I have at the moment is that I'm trying
to position the docked children through code.  I can use ManualDock to put
the controls on the form, but the splitter bar is always straight down the
middle.  I am looking for a way to  position this in code so one window can
have 2/3s of the width etc.

A more complex problem of this is if you have two windows docked side by
side and then dock another window to alBottom, you can get the positions of
the docked clients through the DockClients array and then each ones Left,
Top, Width and Height, but I can't position them through code once I have
called manual dock.

I can currently writing a class that inherits from TDockTree to use as a
replacement docking manager for all components (at the moment, it simply
adds the caption of the docked form to the grab bar and always positions the
grab bar along the top of the window).  If I need to add code into this
class to perform this then I can, but at the moment I haven't been able to
do this.

Thank you

Russell

Mail:   Russell Hind                              #####
        The Technology Partnership PLC            #####
        Melbourn, Royston, Herts.                 #####
        SG8 6EE. United Kingdom                   #####
Tel:    +44 (1763) 262 626                        #####
Fax:    +44 (1763) 261 582             The Technology Partnership
e-mail: russell.h...@techprt.co.uk

Re:BCB5 Docking Example and conjoin dock hosts

Hi Russell --
[snip]

> I can currently writing a class that inherits from TDockTree to
> use as a replacement docking manager for all components (at the
> moment, it simply adds the caption of the docked form to the grab
> bar and always positions the grab bar along the top of the window).
> If I need to add code into this class to perform this then I can,
> but at the moment I haven't been able to do this.

Creating a TDockTree descendant would be my first guess.  Have you tried
overriding/augmenting the TDockTree::InsertControl() member function?

Damon C. (TeamB)

Other Threads