Error: Invalid resource file: Duplicate resource (Type: 3, Name: 1)

Hello!

Always I open a specific Project in BCB5, I get the Error
Error: Invalid resource file: Duplicate resource (Type: 3, Name: 1)

Unfortunately I was not able to locate any information
about this error...
Does somebody knows something about this error?

Thanks in advance!,
kind regards,

Thomas
Schittli

Re:Error: Invalid resource file: Duplicate resource (Type: 3, Name: 1)

Thomas,

Check your include paths and look for duplicate header names. I've
grabbed forms from other projects on occasion prior to modifying them
and sometimes the original directory is added to the new project's
include list. This leads to the original form's header being included
instead of the newer modified header.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Error: Invalid resource file: Duplicate resource (Type: 3, Name: 1)

Did you check all your resource files in your project ?
Check all USERES or #pragma resource
You must have a resource named "1" in two resource files (*.DCR,
*.RES...)
Use imagedit.exe to check your files.

Hope this helps...

Thomas Schittli wrote:
> Hello!

> Always I open a specific Project in BCB5, I get the Error
> Error: Invalid resource file: Duplicate resource (Type: 3, Name: 1)

> Unfortunately I was not able to locate any information
> about this error...
> Does somebody knows something about this error?

> Thanks in advance!,
> kind regards,

> Thomas
> Schittli

Re:Error: Invalid resource file: Duplicate resource (Type: 3, Name: 1)

Hi Andrue

Thank you very much for you fast answer!

I scanned all my files and path but there was strange thing...
Then I opened the default-application .RES-File in the Image
Editor and I got the same error - my .RES-File was
destroyed...

Have a nice day,
kind regards,

Thomas

"Andrue Cope" <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry> wrote in message

> Thomas,

> Check your include paths and look for duplicate header names. I've
> grabbed forms from other projects on occasion prior to modifying them
> and sometimes the original directory is added to the new project's
> include list. This leads to the original form's header being included
> instead of the newer modified header.

> Andrue Cope
> [Bicester, UK]

Other Threads