c++ builder / Kylix c++ builder compatibilty?

Does anyone know what versions of C++ Builder and Kylix C++ Builder are copmatible?  I have tried C++ Builder v6 and Kylix v3 but no go.

Thanks for any help.

Re:c++ builder / Kylix c++ builder compatibilty?

"Alex Bakaev [TeamB]" <z...@att.net> wrote:

>Philip Hall wrote:
>> Does anyone know what versions of C++ Builder and Kylix C++ Builder are copmatible?  I have tried C++ Builder v6 and Kylix v3 but no go.

>> Thanks for any help.

>What do you mean, exactly?

>..a

Well, if I am creating a simple application.  A form with a button and an edit box.  When the button is clicked the app opens a file named c:\test.txt and writes "Some Text".

I create this in windows xp using C++ builder 6.  Then I go to a linux machine and attempt to open the project using Kylix 3 C++.  This does not work.  Is there versions of the software that will do this?

Philip Hall wrote:
> Does anyone know what versions of C++ Builder and Kylix C++ Builder are copmatible?  I have tried C++ Builder v6 and Kylix v3 but no go.

> Thanks for any help.

What do you mean, exactly?

.a

Re:c++ builder / Kylix c++ builder compatibilty?

I did make a CLX project when I attempted this.

"Remy Lebeau [TeamB]" <gambi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Did you make a VCL or CLX project originally?  Only the CLX is
>cross-platform.  Also, if I remember correctly (I may be wrong), the
>projects themselves are not portable, only the actual source code is.

>Gambit

>"Philip Hall" <b...@blah.com> wrote in message

>> I create this in windows xp using C++ builder 6.  Then I go
>> to a linux machine and attempt to open the project using
>> Kylix 3 C++.  This does not work.  Is there versions of the
>> software that will do this?

Re:c++ builder / Kylix c++ builder compatibilty?

Did you make a VCL or CLX project originally?  Only the CLX is
cross-platform.  Also, if I remember correctly (I may be wrong), the
projects themselves are not portable, only the actual source code is.

Gambit

"Philip Hall" <b...@blah.com> wrote in message

> I create this in windows xp using C++ builder 6.  Then I go
> to a linux machine and attempt to open the project using
> Kylix 3 C++.  This does not work.  Is there versions of the
> software that will do this?

Re:c++ builder / Kylix c++ builder compatibilty?

Philip Hall wrote:

[snip]

> I create this in windows xp using C++ builder 6.  Then I go to a linux machine and attempt to open the project using Kylix 3 C++.  This does not work.  Is there versions of the software that will do this?

Search this group. Very recently there was a thread about opening such
projects. In short, the project files are not portable between the
platforms. But the source files are, if you used CLX when creating the
projects.

hth,
.a

Re:c++ builder / Kylix c++ builder compatibilty?

Thanks.

"Alex Bakaev [TeamB]" <z...@att.net> wrote:

>Philip Hall wrote:
>[snip]

>> I create this in windows xp using C++ builder 6.  Then I go to a linux machine and attempt to open the project using Kylix 3 C++.  This does not work.  Is there versions of the software that will do this?

>Search this group. Very recently there was a thread about opening such
>projects. In short, the project files are not portable between the
>platforms. But the source files are, if you used CLX when creating the
>projects.

>hth,
>..a

Re:c++ builder / Kylix c++ builder compatibilty?

I have tried just about everything and have had no success.
About 10 days now I have looked into this and can figure out
no reason for the project not to compile.  It appears that
there are numerous bugs in Kylix 3, especially when run on Red
Hat 7.3.  Unfortunatley this gives me no choice but to remedy
the situation or switch compilers since the kernel that I will be using is based on RH 7.3.  gcc has no problems and is free.

Other Threads