Adding submenu items with static VCL library doesn't work

Additional info I forgot to include...

The menu items actually do get inserted into the menu...I've stepped through
the code and the item count goes up...but they do not display.

- Dennis

"Dennis Jones" <djo...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:3d1b7123_2@dnews...
> Hi,

> I wrote some code to add submenu items (a history of recently opened
> records) to a "Reopen" menu item on my "File" menu.  The code worked
> beautifully.  However, when I turned off "build with runtime packages", it
> stopped working.

> Anybody seen this before?  What's the problem?

> - Dennis

Re:Adding submenu items with static VCL library doesn't work

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:10:11 -0700, "Dennis Jones" <djo...@nospam.com>
wrote:

>Anybody seen this before?  What's the problem?

Which version of BCB are you using? Older versions had a linker bug
which required certain libraries (the base VCL ones IIRC) to be
specified first in the makefile. It caused strange behaviour.

"Michael Warner" <m...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:10:11 -0700, "Dennis Jones" <djo...@nospam.com>
> wrote:

> >Anybody seen this before?  What's the problem?

> Which version of BCB are you using? Older versions had a linker bug
> which required certain libraries (the base VCL ones IIRC) to be
> specified first in the makefile. It caused strange behaviour.

I am using BCB5 Pro, Update 1.

wrote:

>Anybody seen this before?  What's the problem?

Which version of BCB are you using? Older versions had a linker bug
which required certain libraries (the base VCL ones IIRC) to be
specified first in the makefile. It caused strange behaviour.

Other Threads