TeamB! I am desperate

Please help!

I have purchased Borland C Builder 4 through my work and I am installing it
at home. It is just not working! I had no problems with BCB3 which ran fine.
After clicking the program I constantly get an exception error which is
called;

[Application Error] (the caption)

Exception EReadError in module VCL40.BPL at 0028cf5
Error reading ModuleExplorerInterfacesVisible->OnChan

This appears at the start of the IDE at the splash screen and
after that a general failure occurs and it closes. I tried it on a
blank windows 98 (after re-installing windows I installed BCB4
before any other). So I am pretty desperate and need some
help with solving since I heard this was also a problem at others
when I asked around. They didn't knew the solution either.

System config;
PII 166 Mhz, 32 MB ram, 3,4 Gig HD almost empty
Windows 98 with upgrade to IE5...

Thanks in advance. I have seen it working it looks awesome
and now to get it working with me ....

- Jorgen
jbo...@casema.net

Re:TeamB! I am desperate

I've had a problem like this and it was a bad video driver.  Unfortuinately the
AGP video card I had just gotten did not have newer drivers so I ended up
returning the card for one with better written drivers.  This is a list of
workarounds I post for another driver problem.  Perhaps one will work for this
problem also.

1) Get the latest driver (www.s3.com or your vendor if your vendors
doesn't work, try the S3 as they tend to be more compliant)
2) Start BCB with the -ns switch
3) Under the [display] section of the SYSTEM.INI file
add the following line
    BusThrottle=1 (reboot afterwards)
4) reduce the hardware acceleration for the card.
5) Reboot in safe mode and start BCB.  Goto the properties of the
component pallet and hide all the controls that you rarely use.  This
will reduce the imagelist that is getting built and might get you under
the threshold.
6) play with color depth/resolution  1024x768 in 16 bit color seems the
worse.
7) Get the latest DirectX drivers.

Also BCB4 can not run in under 256 color on Win98 due to a Win98 bug.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's

Re:TeamB! I am desperate

Thanks a million! It seems that copying an installed version works a little
as well, so it must be an installation based thing. However the environment
options window still gives an error. So I will surely download a newer
driver and work the other items on the list!  Thanks!

- Jorgen

Other Threads