Application size and a lot of data

First, my program size is large (2 MB). I have a few forms and 4-5
stringgrids. Is there anyway I can reduce the file size?.
Second, I have a hundred of data from users' s input (That's why I use
many stringgrids). What is the best way to manage those data?. I need to
use those data for calculation and can be saved to files.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Tony

Re:Application size and a lot of data

Hi, Tony!

2Mb is no big deal for a modern program. I would ignore it, in general.
There is a base overhead for VCL and then the program does not grow
larger quickly as you add capabilities.

Your data is best managed with a database. If you have the Pro or
Enterprise editions of BCB4, you have data components with which to
access, manage, and produce a user interface for a database. Have a look
at

http://www.temporaldoorway.com/programming/cbuilder/basics/simpledbpr...

for more on the basics of those components. Also read your Developer's
Guide.

Hope this helps. Direct database related questions to
borland.public.cppbuilder.database.desktop

------
Mark Cashman, TeamB C++ Builder
C++ Builder, JBuilder programming information
Home of The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring - Join us!
------

Re:Application size and a lot of data

Thanks Mark.

: Tony Yarat <tosri...@usit.net> wrote:

>Thanks Mark.

Tony, while it is very nice of you to say thank you - please do not quote
complete messages, as this is rather annoying and not helpful at all.
Please remove all text that you do not explicitly refer to - see the
newsgroups guidelines and netiquette at http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/

Thank you very much for not quoting needlessly in the future.

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/