TJPEG Example Problems (From BCB Files Page)

Hi there,

  I am using BCB3 and downloaded the Jpeg support file.  I
installed the package and opened the demo.  The demo will not
compile.

   There is an included file called "jpeg.hpp" which does not
exist.  Components in a file called "jpeg.pas" are the only other
errors in the compile.  I tried adding the jpeg.pas file to the
package but it says it is already contained in the path, and I
cannot include a PAS file.

   Any insight as to what to do?

   Thanks,
   Mike

Re:TJPEG Example Problems (From BCB Files Page)

If you followed the installation instructions for TJpeg you should have
jpeg.hpp in your include path.  If not, it's not installed correctly.

Be aware of a common problem encountered with TJpeg in that images are
displayed correctly at design time, but do not appear at runtime.  You will
notice the jpeg demo contains

TJPEGImage *jpegimage = dynamic_cast<TJPEGImage
*>(Image1->Picture->Graphic);

in the source for SetJPEGOptions().  This seems to get around this problem.

Carl
"Mike Matson" <ocelo...@pleasedontspamme.okay.mindspring.com> wrote in
message news:827eds$kmu7@forums.borland.com...

> Hi there,

>   I am using BCB3 and downloaded the Jpeg support file.  I
> installed the package and opened the demo.  The demo will not
> compile.

>    There is an included file called "jpeg.hpp" which does not
> exist.  Components in a file called "jpeg.pas" are the only other
> errors in the compile.  I tried adding the jpeg.pas file to the
> package but it says it is already contained in the path, and I
> cannot include a PAS file.

>    Any insight as to what to do?

>    Thanks,
>    Mike

Re:TJPEG Example Problems (From BCB Files Page)

Hi there,

   Thanks for the help, but the documentation in the package is
poor at best.  The .hpp file is still the error when I run the
demo, even though the package compiles.  There is no hpp file.
Since I had to unzip the files into my lib directory (without
maintaining folders) to even get it to build (otherwise 42 *.obj
files not found), I had to manually remove them all.  What a
waste of time.  So I unistalled Builder instead.

  Sorry to waste your time, and mine.

Carl <warb...@home.com> wrote in message

> If you followed the installation instructions for TJpeg you
should have
> jpeg.hpp in your include path.  If not, it's not installed
correctly.

> Be aware of a common problem encountered with TJpeg in that
images are
> displayed correctly at design time, but do not appear at
runtime.  You will
> notice the jpeg demo contains

> TJPEGImage *jpegimage = dynamic_cast<TJPEGImage
> *>(Image1->Picture->Graphic);

> in the source for SetJPEGOptions().  This seems to get around
this problem.

> Carl
> "Mike Matson" <ocelo...@pleasedontspamme.okay.mindspring.com>
wrote in
> message news:827eds$kmu7@forums.borland.com...
> > Hi there,

> >   I am using BCB3 and downloaded the Jpeg support file.  I
> > installed the package and opened the demo.  The demo will not
> > compile.

> >    There is an included file called "jpeg.hpp" which does not
> > exist.  Components in a file called "jpeg.pas" are the only
other
> > errors in the compile.  I tried adding the jpeg.pas file to
the
> > package but it says it is already contained in the path, and
> > cannot include a PAS file.

> >    Any insight as to what to do?

> >    Thanks,
> >    Mike