Missing the TreeView of My Classes!

Hey folks.

I recently started programming from home, but I've noticed a difference
between my work installation of BCB6 Pro, and the one here at home.
Specifically, at work the IDE shows me (in the treeview?) a list of all
the classes and methods I've written.  At home, the treeview is blank.
The tree is very handy when navigating large files, and I'd like it back.

Is it not the object tree view I'm thinking of?  Do I have to turn on
another toolbar or preference or something?  (I've looked in vain)

I am currently writing a c++ unit with no form.  Do I have to be writing
a certain type of project for the tree to show?

What else could be missing?

-Brendan
--
Brendan Simons
Carleton University

Re:Missing the TreeView of My Classes!

How about copying the *.DSK from your work to home. Or saving your
desktop at work and using it at home?

Wim

Wim Bekker wrote:
> How about copying the *.DSK from your work to home. Or saving your
> desktop at work and using it at home?

> Wim

My workplace is in another city, so it is not such a quick manoevre.
Still, if there's no other way of turning on this useful feature...

-Brendan

"brendan simons" wrote:
> My workplace is in another city, so it is not such a quick manoevre.
> Still, if there's no other way of turning on this useful feature...

The Object TreeView is only displaying components derived from
TComponent. These components are placed on a Form or DataModule. Only
then you can inspect them in the Object TreeView. If you do not have
any Form or DataModule loaded in the IDE, the Object TreeView will
contain no items.

Probabaly you want to use ClassExplorer Pro Version 6.0 Release 25, it
for free! (http://www.toolsfactory.com/download.shtml)

Wim

Other Threads