Menus and captions in greek characters

I am using C++Builder 6 english version. I must convert an application to
show menus with greek characters. I've added greek language on my Windows XP
system, but the editor of C++Builder doesn't accept/show greek characters.
Even if I edit the .dfm file with an external editor like WordPad, which
allows input of greek characters, when this file is reloaded by C++Builder
IDE, the greek character are no more shown.
Luigi Fonti, Bologna Italy

Re:Menus and captions in greek characters

Luigi,
I just realized that I sent you a private reply to your question posted in
the internationalization group.
I have developed an application where all forms and menus are in greek,
using C++Builder 6 on Windows ME.
I can't reproduce your situation and the only thing I can think of is that
the font used to render menu items doesn't display greek.
On my system, the font used is listed as "MS Sans Serif (Greek)" in Control
Panel->Display->Appearance tab. Maybe changing the font used on your forms
using the font property would solve the problem. Try setting the script
parameter to Greek.
I am not experienced in internationalization issues, maybe a more thorough
and foolproof procedure exists, and I would be grateful if some
internationalization guru could help here.

George

In article <3d104943_2@dnews>, fo...@cnaf.infn.it says...

> I've added greek language on my Windows XP system,
> but the editor of C++Builder doesn't accept/show greek
> characters.

The Symbol font is a system font. It should be installed on any computer.
Use that font

Jean-Pierre Martel, editor
The dBASE Developers Bulletin
http://www.jpmartel.com/bulletin.htm
http://www.jpmartel.com/S_Share.htm

Re:Menus and captions in greek characters

Unhappily the Symbol font ins not in the list of available fonts for
C++Builder editor.
Only a small set of monospaced font is available.
Luigi Fonti

"Jean-Pierre Martel" <nos...@nospam.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> In article <3d104943_2@dnews>, fo...@cnaf.infn.it says...
> > I've added greek language on my Windows XP system,
> > but the editor of C++Builder doesn't accept/show greek
> > characters.

> The Symbol font is a system font. It should be installed on any computer.
> Use that font

> Jean-Pierre Martel, editor
> The dBASE Developers Bulletin
> http://www.jpmartel.com/bulletin.htm