Library files

Can anybody explain the difference between LIBFILES, LIBRARIES, and
SPARELIBS in the makefile?

I have two versions of a program (which I didn't write, but I have to
maintain). One links properly and the other fails with unresolved
external references for things which should be in vcl40.lib. Aside
from the changes in the code, the version which works has vcl40.lib,
vlcx40.lib and vcldb40.lib defined under both LIBRARIES and SPARELIBS
while the version which fails has them only under SPARELIBS. I have
tried editing this manually but the IDE changes it back every time.

Thanks

Michael Desmarais

Re:Library files

Hi. Mike!

I don't know the difference, but editing SPARELIBS is the only one that
seems to work.

There are some things which I believe can't even be deleted from there.

------
Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at
http://www.temporaldoorway.com
- Original digital art, writing, music and more -
C++ Builder / JBuilder Tips and The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring
(Join us!)
------

Re:Library files

: "Mike Desmarais" <michael.desmar...@dreo.dnd.ca> wrote:

>I have
>tried editing this manually but the IDE changes it back every time.

Do not edit this inside the IDE, but close the project and do it in
Notepad.exe