Using Tab Key to Indent Code Block in Editor

Does anyone know a way to define the tab key to indent a selected block
of code like in VC++ instead of deleting it.  I use VC++ at work
(forced) and C++ Builder for everything else, so I find myself pressing
the tab key to indent the code block which just deletes the code.

Thanks in advance

John Clark

Re:Using Tab Key to Indent Code Block in Editor

Hi, John.

John Clark wrote:

> Does anyone know a way to define the tab key to indent a selected block
> of code like in VC++ instead of deleting it.  I use VC++ at work
> (forced) and C++ Builder for everything else, so I find myself pressing
> the tab key to indent the code block which just deletes the code.

I assume that you know that CTRL-K+I indents and CTRL-K+U outdents and
that you want to change the behavior.  If so, BCB5 has a "Visual Studio
Emulation" mode.  See Tools | Editor Options, General tab, Editor
Speedsetting.  The BCB help indicates that this changes Block
Indent/Outdent to CTRL-I and CTRL-U respectively.  Looks like Tab still
inserts a Tab, though.

HTH.

robert

Other Threads