PNG Components

I've been searching the dejanews and have found that almost without
exception the response to "How do I ..... with gif format?" is to dump
gif because of the copyright problems and use a format such as PNG.

Does anyone know of any BCB4 examples of using PNG or of PNG Components?

I don't mind the function call format of C type programming. I just
don't know enough to convert the raw code from
http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/ to something I can compile in BCB.

Claude
cpp 'at' newbie 'dot' org

Re:PNG Components

Check out http://www.colosseumbuilders.com/sourcecode.htm there is an
example of a BCB application that reads and writes PNG, JPG and BMP.  I'm
sure that you could figure out which bits of code you need to pull out to
enable your app to use PNG.  If you have any success or questions let me
know because I'm quite keen to get this working myself, but I don't have the
time or knowledge at the moment!!! :-)

DazzaG

Claude <claude_at_newbie_dot_...@oro.net> wrote in message

> I've been searching the dejanews and have found that almost without
> exception the response to "How do I ..... with gif format?" is to dump
> gif because of the copyright problems and use a format such as PNG.

> Does anyone know of any BCB4 examples of using PNG or of PNG Components?

> I don't mind the function call format of C type programming. I just
> don't know enough to convert the raw code from
> http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/ to something I can compile in BCB.

> Claude
> cpp 'at' newbie 'dot' org

Re:PNG Components

Thanks,
I'm checking it out now.
There may be a fly in the ointment though.
The following message appears on the top of the page:

"Colosseum Builders is no longer supporting Borland/Inprise products. Our
popular Delphi and C++Builder source code can be found here(
http://www.colosseumbuilders.com/inprise.htm )."

Obviously something happened. Not sure what. And I don't know what that means
for BCB use of their source code.

Claude

DazzaG wrote:
> Check out http://www.colosseumbuilders.com/sourcecode.htm there is an
> example of a BCB application that reads and writes PNG, JPG and BMP.  I'm
> sure that you could figure out which bits of code you need to pull out to
> enable your app to use PNG.  If you have any success or questions let me
> know because I'm quite keen to get this working myself, but I don't have the
> time or knowledge at the moment!!! :-)

> DazzaG

> Claude <claude_at_newbie_dot_...@oro.net> wrote in message
> > I've been searching the dejanews and have found that almost without
> > exception the response to "How do I ..... with gif format?" is to dump
> > gif because of the copyright problems and use a format such as PNG.

> > Does anyone know of any BCB4 examples of using PNG or of PNG Components?

> > I don't mind the function call format of C type programming. I just
> > don't know enough to convert the raw code from
> > http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/ to something I can compile in BCB.

> > Claude
> > cpp 'at' newbie 'dot' org

Other Threads