Repost of Repost: QuickReport custom viewer errors

I have an application with a custom viewer.  The viewer is on an MDIChild
form which is created and destroyed when the child form is opened/closed.

Everything seems to work fine until I close the custom viewer form (deleting
it).  When I do, I get "Abstract Error"s for each report I viewed.  Is there
a pure virtual function I should be overriding?  What's going on?

Yes, I do set the QRPreview object's QRPrinter to NULL in the OnClose()
function of its form.

Re:Repost of Repost: QuickReport custom viewer errors

Hi, Terry!

There once was a strange QReport error with a similar profile; the
problem was solved by doing an Application->ProcessMessages() after the
dialog is closed. Maybe that will help,

--
------
Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at http://www.temporaldoorway.com

Re:Repost of Repost: QuickReport custom viewer errors

Mark,

(Bowing reverently)  Thank you!

This has been driving me quite mad for weeks.  Adding an
Application->Process Messages() to the end of the OnClose handler of the
form seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks!

"Mark Cashman" <mcash...@temporaldoorway.com> wrote in message

> Hi, Terry!

> There once was a strange QReport error with a similar profile; the
> problem was solved by doing an Application->ProcessMessages() after the
> dialog is closed. Maybe that will help,

> --
> ------
> Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at

http://www.temporaldoorway.com
> (original digital art, writing, music and more)
> C++ Builder / JBuilder Tips and The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring (Join
us!)
> http://www.temporaldoorway.com/programming/index.htm
> ------

Re:Repost of Repost: QuickReport custom viewer errors

Hmmm..  It appears I cheered too soon.  Further testing shows the same
problem, despite the addition of the Application->ProcessMessages()
statement.  Thanks for the effort though!

"Mark Cashman" <mcash...@temporaldoorway.com> wrote in message

> Hi, Terry!

> There once was a strange QReport error with a similar profile; the
> problem was solved by doing an Application->ProcessMessages() after the
> dialog is closed. Maybe that will help,

> --
> ------
> Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at

http://www.temporaldoorway.com
> (original digital art, writing, music and more)
> C++ Builder / JBuilder Tips and The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring (Join
us!)
> http://www.temporaldoorway.com/programming/index.htm
> ------

Other Threads