Preventing TDS files

I know you can delete the debug symbol table files after the project is closed
in the IDE, but the mere production of them helps to slow my system
dramatically. How do I keep these files from being created in the first place?

I've turned off all debugging project options  I can find, and the IDE STILL
creates a TDS file.

Re:Preventing TDS files

Anybody got anything on this?
On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:03:27 -0400, Cliff Spencer <cspe...@att.com> wrote:
>I know you can delete the debug symbol table files after the project is closed
>in the IDE, but the mere production of them helps to slow my system
>dramatically. How do I keep these files from being created in the first place?

>I've turned off all debugging project options  I can find, and the IDE STILL
>creates a TDS file.

Re:Preventing TDS files

> Anybody got anything on this?

Yes.

You don't prevent it creating a TDS file.  One will be created when you
build the EXE or DLL.  If you enable debug info then it will also contain
debug info.

.  Ed

Re:Preventing TDS files

One of the problems with the TDS files is that they can take forever to write
out after a really interesting abort. As in minutes on a fairly fast machine.

One way to cut that time seems to be to limit the number of Codeguard errors
reported. It's normally 65K+. I've got mine at 16 now and haven't had to
reboot to get my machine back from TDS creation for a while.

But maybe I haven't had really interestiing aborts. Is this superstition? It
does seem to work.

"Ed Mulroy (TeamB)" wrote:
> > Anybody got anything on this?

> Yes.

> You don't prevent it creating a TDS file.  One will be created when you
> build the EXE or DLL.  If you enable debug info then it will also contain
> debug info.

> .  Ed

Other Threads