Don't want form to appear in taskbar

Dear all,

How can I make my app's form not create an entry in the Windows taskbar?

I've tried various borderstyles and bordericons settings, but did not find a
way to do it.

Many thanks.

James.

Re:Don't want form to appear in taskbar

James Alston wrote in message <7u087b$ig...@forums.borland.com>...
>How can I make my app's form not create an entry in the Windows taskbar?

Hide the Application->Handle, or change its style to be a tool window. Be
careful, this can cause side effects.

Harold Howe [TeamB]
http://www.bcbdev.com

Re:Don't want form to appear in taskbar

Many thanks Harold,

Hiding the Application->Handle works great. I am using:

    ShowWindow(Application->Handle, SW_HIDE);

- James.

Harold Howe (TeamB) <hh...@bcbdev.com> wrote in message

> James Alston wrote in message <7u087b$ig...@forums.borland.com>...

> >How can I make my app's form not create an entry in the Windows taskbar?

> Hide the Application->Handle, or change its style to be a tool window. Be
> careful, this can cause side effects.

> Harold Howe [TeamB]
> http://www.bcbdev.com

Harold Howe (TeamB) <hh...@bcbdev.com> wrote in message

> James Alston wrote in message <7u087b$ig...@forums.borland.com>...

> >How can I make my app's form not create an entry in the Windows taskbar?

> Hide the Application->Handle, or change its style to be a tool window. Be
> careful, this can cause side effects.

> Harold Howe [TeamB]
> http://www.bcbdev.com

Other Threads