No debug info while debugging dll

Hi,

My DLL seems to be missing debug info, when I try to debug it.
I have compiled the Dll using 'Full debug'.

When I specify the calling app in the 'Run->Parameters box,
and bring up the 'Modules' window, no source is shown, for the
DLL. Also, in  the 'Event Log' window, it shows the Dll loaded
with 'No Debug Info', .

So, when I set a breakpoint in the Dll, it gets disabled and
the CPU window pops up.

The tds file for the DLL is present in the same directory as the
.bpr file for the DLL.

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanx in advance,
Mario

Re:No debug info while debugging dll

> When I specify the calling app in the 'Run->Parameters box,
> and bring up the 'Modules' window, no source is shown, for the
> DLL. Also, in  the 'Event Log' window, it shows the Dll loaded
> with 'No Debug Info', .

BCB is limited to ~50MB of overall debug information. So when this limit is
reached (e.g. TDS from your host app and/or packages) all modules loaded
after this point can't be debugged with debug info. Btw I don't know why BCB
needs to load all the debug info along with the modules. I think it should
be enough to load debug info when needed.

HTH
Torsten

Re:No debug info while debugging dll

Hi Torsten,

>BCB is limited to ~50MB of overall debug information. So when this limit is
>reached (e.g. TDS from your host app and/or packages) all modules loaded
>after this point can't be debugged with debug info.

I don't think debug info for the packages is loaded ( at least not on my machine!). I verified this by checking the "Event Log'
window, and it showed the packages loaded with 'No debug Info'.

Also, the tds file for my app is quite small, and it's
definitely not possible that it exceeds 50 MB.

I also tried copying the tds file of the DLL to the calling
application's folder,as someone else suggested ,but to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Thanx for your time,
Mario

Other Threads