Program Drawing graphs or maps. which component is proper?

I am studying BC++Builder.

I am now trying to make a program to draw a 2-D graph or 2-D coutour map and
what not...

I feel BCB is a powerful tool for a novice about windows programming.
However, it is still hard-going way to me.

1. So, I want to know what VCL is proper for drawing a graph, which enables
zooming property.
TImage, TBitmap or TPaintBox ...
Franckly, I am not sure the differeces in or the best usage of the three
components.

2. Furthermore, sometimes an image needs huge memory about 2-3 MB or
above...
How can I handle it wisely?

3. If you know proper books for my purpose, recommend it, plz...

Thank you in advance.

Alfred B. Lee (a...@GPL.snu.ac.kr)
From Seoul, Korea

Re:Program Drawing graphs or maps. which component is proper?

For the answer to your questions.

1. Of the three components that you mentioned, I would recommend the TBitMap
control. The amjor difference between the three components is that TBitmap
and TPaintBox draws directly on the canvas property of the form while TImage
is some sort of containor and has it own set of properties.

3. I don't know of any books that solve your problems directly, but I have
one called C++ Builder How-To by John C. Miano that is of a tremendous help
to me.

snugpl <snu...@netsgo.com> wrote in message 38f31c5e@dnews...
>I am studying BC++Builder.

>I am now trying to make a program to draw a 2-D graph or 2-D coutour map
and
>what not...

>I feel BCB is a powerful tool for a novice about windows programming.
>However, it is still hard-going way to me.

>1. So, I want to know what VCL is proper for drawing a graph, which enables
>zooming property.
>TImage, TBitmap or TPaintBox ...
>Franckly, I am not sure the differeces in or the best usage of the three
>components.

>2. Furthermore, sometimes an image needs huge memory about 2-3 MB or
>above...
>How can I handle it wisely?

>3. If you know proper books for my purpose, recommend it, plz...

>Thank you in advance.

>Alfred B. Lee (a...@GPL.snu.ac.kr)
>From Seoul, Korea

Other Threads