Need simple OLE embedded object server

Ok, I have read Inside OLE until my brain is swimming.  Time to ask for
help.

I need to create a really simple embedded object server to embed an
object in Rich Edit controls.  The object need do almost nothing other
than display the text "Page Break".  It would be nice if it could resize
itself to the width of the RE control whenever it is resized.

There are no special compound document storage requirements (since all
the object does is paint the text on inside the object window); the
object does not necessarily need to support the clipboard (although it
would be good to do so in a private format); I *do* need to be able to
generate the objects and insert them in a RE control programmatically
(bypassing the Insert Object dialog); and I *do* need to be able to
instruct the object to resize itself to 0 by 0 pixels (to prevent
printing the object).

Does anyone know of a sample program that is similar to this?  If not,
what are the minimum interfaces that I will need to implement?

Thanks,
robert

Re:Need simple OLE embedded object server

I think all you need to do is to create an ActiveForm ( if you are
willing to incur all the overhead for just single text line ). Then, ( I
think ) Insertable key has to be created in the registry for this
ActiveX control so it will become insertable in the OLE containers.

HTH,
Alex

Robert Dunn wrote:

[snip]
--
HotSend - portable documents technology
http://www.hotsend.com/

Re:Need simple OLE embedded object server

Hi, Alex.

Well, I looked at TActiveForm and somehow convinced myself that it was
not that easy.  I will go back and look at it again.

Thanks,
robert

"Alex Bakaev [TeamB]" wrote:

> I think all you need to do is to create an ActiveForm ( if you are
> willing to incur all the overhead for just single text line ). Then, ( I
> think ) Insertable key has to be created in the registry for this
> ActiveX control so it will become insertable in the OLE containers.

> HTH,
> Alex

> Robert Dunn wrote:
> [snip]
> --
> HotSend - portable documents technology
> http://www.hotsend.com/
> eFax - get your faxes via email - Free !
> http://www.efax.com

Other Threads