MP3 length question

Does anyone have a sample of how to get the time length of an
mp3 file, i am interested only in this feature.  I want to scan a dir.
and display the length of each mp3 file and calculate all of them
into a total play time.

I dont know anything about mp3's, this is my first attempt, and i
really do not want to use any ocx, dll etc.  I have seen some
apps created without using any external libs at all.

Thanks for any help.

Re:MP3 length question

Hello Jason,
there are some resources in the www where you can get informations about the
internal structure of MP3-files.

First look at these URL. It's the programmers file format collection. Type
MP3 in an hit RETURN.
http://www.wotsit.org/

On the next URL you gonna find a delphi component named TMPEGAudio. It's
freeware with full sourcecode. Download the Sourcecode an look how they
calculate the play-time.
http://www.dv.co.yu/mpgscript/mpgtools.htm

Hope this helps
Andreas B?rcs?k

Jason Savala <j_sav...@yahoo.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
8migpo$5...@bornews.borland.com...

> Does anyone have a sample of how to get the time length of an
> mp3 file, i am interested only in this feature.  I want to scan a dir.
> and display the length of each mp3 file and calculate all of them
> into a total play time.

> I dont know anything about mp3's, this is my first attempt, and i
> really do not want to use any ocx, dll etc.  I have seen some
> apps created without using any external libs at all.

> Thanks for any help.

Other Threads