How do I use/access DirectX in my applications.

How do I use/access DirectX in my applications.  I want to use DirectX in my
applications but I don't know the first or last thing about COM.  I'm mainly
interested in using the sound STUFF but I don't want to restrict it to just
sound for the future.  I'm not looking for books, encapsulating components,
or general knowledge on COM.  I would like to hear from somebody who has
ACTUALLY implemented DirectX in their application.

Re:How do I use/access DirectX in my applications.

Is there *.tlb file set for DirectX ANYWHERE!

In article <3b706230_2@dnews>, Leonard W. Bogard <thinkt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is there *.tlb file set for DirectX ANYWHERE!

Yes. unfortunately, it's the VBX interface for DirectX, and is
entirely automation based (rather than custom-interface based). We
have been wrangling about this for years. :(

Other Threads