Import a .Obj file to a BCB3 Project

Hi Friends,

I have a ReportFuncs.Pas file which contains 3 quick report (version 3)
functions -let say Func1, Func2, Func3- and I want to use it with BCB 3
(quick report 2.0k).
First, I used DCC32 utility (ship with BCB 4) to translate .Pas file. I got
1/ ReportFuncs.Obj
2/ ReportFuncs.dcu
3/ ReportFuncs.hpp
After that, I add this OBJ file via the Project Manager of BCB 3. I got
message
[LinkerError] Unresolved external
'Func1(System::AnsiString,Classes::TStringList*)' referenced from
D:\WORKS\TEMP\REPORTS\QRCONCATESRC.OBJ.
What was wrong?
Could you show me how to fix it?
Thanks a lot.

Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) <Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Econos.de> wrote in message

> : "Hien" <h...@camgsm.com.kh> wrote:

> >I have a ReportFuncs.Pas
> >After that, I add this OBJ file via the Project Manager of BCB 3.

> Please add the PAS file to your project via the Project Manager.

> --
> Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) http://www.econos.de/
> Please do apply judgement when sending email.

The ReportFuncs.Pas used QuickReport 3 but I want to use it with BCB3
(QuickReport 2)
I tried it as your recomment and I got message like missing qrprnsu.pas
(this file is in QuickReport 3 only).
So I try to make .Obj first and after that import it to my project.

Re:Import a .Obj file to a BCB3 Project

I seem to recall importing an external ASM obj file using: extern
"myObj.obj", OR you man need this: exten "C" "myObj.obj".  The problem
was, for me atleast, that I needed to let C++ know it was an external
object and second, I used the "C" to let it know there was no
name-mangeling going on.

If it was a C++ obj, the compiler would create a crazy name for your
function at compile time.  If it's not C++ then chances are the names
are not mangled.

......... Jason C. Leach
...... University College of the Cariboo
... j...@mail.ocis.net
.. http://www.ocis.net/~jcl
.

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence from Home:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

: "Hien" <h...@camgsm.com.kh> wrote:
>I have a ReportFuncs.Pas file which contains 3 quick report (version 3)
>functions -let say Func1, Func2, Func3- and I want to use it with BCB 3
>(quick report 2.0k).

Are you saying that "ReportFuncs.Pas" contains calls to functions
available in QR3, that "Func1, Func2, Func3" are QR3 functions?

If that is the case, please purchase QR3.