WANTED: Report designer

Does anybody know about a report designer other than Quick Report? I think it is
a very poor tool, no too many options etc.
I would appreciate any suggestion.
Thanks

--
Denis Pyriohos

Re:WANTED: Report designer

Denis
I think that the full version of Quick Report is probably
better than the one provided with Bcb. This is the game you
know : provide a limited version for free and give the full
version for $. Unfortunately the QR editor has played this
game a bit too far IMHO, since trying to use the free version
is not a pleasure to say the least.
I have played a little with Crystal Reports 6.0. Don't be put off
by the evil reputation of this tool, it has been much revamped.
It is difficult to master. I know a person that has used it
seriously, and he has the same advice on this tool. But he
agrees with me in saying that it has real potential. To give
you an idea, I have found that the reporting capabilities of
Access look very poorly when matched to CR 6.0. The
version I looked had support for Delphi, I don't know if they
added some for Builder.
There is also other Vcl tools like Piparti. I don't know it but
I have seen some posts on it, it seems that they are more
responsive to customers than some other reporting tool
editor.
Gerard

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:08:47 +0300, Denis Pyriohos <denis....@usa.net>
wrote:

>Does anybody know about a report designer other than Quick Report? I think it is
>a very poor tool, no too many options etc.
>I would appreciate any suggestion.
>Thanks

>--
>Denis Pyriohos

Re:WANTED: Report designer

Denis Pyriohos escribi? en mensaje <35811A4F.47DBC...@usa.net>...

>Does anybody know about a report designer other than Quick Report? I think
it is
>a very poor tool, no too many options etc.
>I would appreciate any suggestion.

Hi Denis,

Gerard is right. The full version of QReport is better. I use it with
QRDesigner from Timo Hartman (www.thsd.de) and from my experience, it's a
nice combination and not so expensive.

HTH

Rodolfo Raya

Re:WANTED: Report designer

In article <35816167.3005...@forums.inprise.com>,
  nomailthankyoug.pa...@wanadoo.fr (gerard patel) wrote:

> Denis
> I think that the full version of Quick Report is probably
> better than the one provided with Bcb. This is the game you
> know : provide a limited version for free and give the full
> version for $. Unfortunately the QR editor has played this
> game a bit too far IMHO, since trying to use the free version
> is not a pleasure to say the least.
> I have played a little with Crystal Reports 6.0. Don't be put off
> by the evil reputation of this tool, it has been much revamped.
> It is difficult to master. I know a person that has used it
> seriously, and he has the same advice on this tool. But he
> agrees with me in saying that it has real potential. To give
> you an idea, I have found that the reporting capabilities of
> Access look very poorly when matched to CR 6.0. The
> version I looked had support for Delphi, I don't know if they
> added some for Builder.
> There is also other Vcl tools like Piparti. I don't know it but
> I have seen some posts on it, it seems that they are more
> responsive to customers than some other reporting tool
> editor.
> Gerard

> On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:08:47 +0300, Denis Pyriohos <denis....@usa.net>
> wrote:

> >Does anybody know about a report designer other than Quick Report? I think it
is
> >a very poor tool, no too many options etc.
> >I would appreciate any suggestion.
> >Thanks

> >--
> >Denis Pyriohos

A much better tool is Report Builder from Digital-Metaphors, but it's Delphi.

Re:WANTED: Report designer

Thanks for your answers.
My biggest problem is that I can only print a "row-view" of the table (in a TDBGrid
look-and-feel). If I try a "column-view" (vertical) my machine is dead.
Does the QR-full version or someone else support it?

PS I try to have a vertical view by setting the DetailsBand::Alignment to alRight.
Correct? A QR "feature not here"? A bug?
--
Denis Pyriohos

Re:WANTED: Report designer

Denis Pyriohos escribi? en mensaje <3583D0F3.908F2...@usa.net>...

>Thanks for your answers.
>My biggest problem is that I can only print a "row-view" of the table (in a
TDBGrid
>look-and-feel). If I try a "column-view" (vertical) my machine is dead.
>Does the QR-full version or someone else support it?

>PS I try to have a vertical view by setting the DetailsBand::Alignment to
alRight.
>Correct? A QR "feature not here"? A bug?
>--

I'm not sure of what you want.

If you want a report with:

    Field1
    Field2
    Field3

instead of

    Field1    Field2    Field3

you can do it with the included version of QR.

If you want to print your report in Landscape format (not Portrait), right
click on your report, select Report Settings and make it landscape.

HTH

Rodolfo Raya

Re:WANTED: Report designer

> If you want a report with:
>     Field1
>     Field2
>     Field3
> instead of
>     Field1    Field2    Field3
> you can do it with the included version of QR.

How?

--
Denis Pyriohos
TASIS industrial applications Ltd

Re:WANTED: Report designer

Denis Pyriohos escribi? en mensaje <358409D6.25626...@tasis.gr>...

>> If you want a report with:
>>     Field1
>>     Field2
>>     Field3
>> instead of
>>     Field1    Field2    Field3
>> you can do it with the included version of QR.

>How?

Just make your detail band higher and put your datafields in a column.
That's all.

Re:WANTED: Report designer

Niah.I want to have many columns in one field. I though that if I made the
details band aligned aside (ie alLeft) it hangs!

--
Denis Pyriohos
TASIS industrial applications Ltd
123, Mavromichali str., Athens, Greece
Voice  +30-1-6401911
Fax    +30-1-6401912
http://www.tasis.gr

Re:WANTED: Report designer

So here I come again, with the same question.

Denis Pyriohos wrote:
> Does anybody know about a report designer other than Quick Report? I think it is a
> very poor tool, no too many options etc.
> I would appreciate any suggestion.
> Thanks

Furthermore:
- I need a designer capable of printing graphics (ie having a placeholder for WMFs)
- I would like to print multicolumn reports in portrait and landscape orientation
(not the paper orientation, the record one)
- what's your opinion about Crystal Reports ActiveX (I heard they have one).

Offers?

--
Denis Pyriohos

Re:WANTED: Report designer

QRDesign is the best I have seen.  I have tested
every advertised option/competitor and consider it an order
of magnitude better than the next best one.

Well supported by the author and extremely easy to use.

It will give you (and your users too, full Report writing
with full source and an 'end user' help file.

Can be found at http://www.thsd.de.

It costs $50 but is worth at least $400. Royalty Free too.

Apparently has over 1000 licensed Developers using
it now.

I only go to the trouble of recommending something
if it is really special.  GExperts and QRDesign are
my 2 favourite Delphi/CPB3 products.

Best regards,
GW

PS:  I don't have any affiliations with the author either.

Denis Pyriohos wrote:
> So here I come again, with the same question.

> Denis Pyriohos wrote:

> > Does anybody know about a report designer other than Quick Report? I think it is a
> > very poor tool, no too many options etc.
> > I would appreciate any suggestion.
> > Thanks

> Furthermore:
> - I need a designer capable of printing graphics (ie having a placeholder for WMFs)
> - I would like to print multicolumn reports in portrait and landscape orientation
> (not the paper orientation, the record one)
> - what's your opinion about Crystal Reports ActiveX (I heard they have one).

> Offers?

> --
> Denis Pyriohos

Other Threads