cannot debug my application from the network

I have a strange problem.

When I develop my application on the network, I can only debug the
application as long as I do not compile.
When the compiler needs to recompile, I can not debug anymore.

After a 'close all' from the file menu and a Reopen of my project, I am able
to debug .... until I recompile.

This problem disappears when I move my application to my local disk.

HELP, please!!

thanks,
    Ronald

Re:cannot debug my application from the network

I think it's related to the network permissions. Why would you want to
use network drivers for building and debugging ? It's so much slower
than a local disk ( just imagine all those precompiled headers, linker
state files and debug info file - many megabytes in total ).

Alex

Ronald Hiemstra wrote:

> I have a strange problem.

> When I develop my application on the network, I can only debug the
> application as long as I do not compile.
> When the compiler needs to recompile, I can not debug anymore.

> After a 'close all' from the file menu and a Reopen of my project, I am able
> to debug .... until I recompile.

> This problem disappears when I move my application to my local disk.

> HELP, please!!

> thanks,
>     Ronald

Other Threads