Automation Server, IIS, EStackOverflow

I wrote an application server using BCB 4 that runs on a NT4-Server and
receives requests from ASP over a IIS 4. On 3 webserver all works fine -
on a fourth I get a EStackOverflow during a long recursive function.
On this fourth machine, a EXE Program using the same function works fine
too. As far as I understand, I can't change the STACKSIZE, when
compiling a DLL - so what is the right approach to this problem?
I hope the message ist well suited in this section.
Thanks in advance
Stephan

Re:Automation Server, IIS, EStackOverflow

In article <38F19F71.F4BBC...@digitmbh.com>,
Stephan Keufen  <stephan.keu...@digitmbh.com> wrote:

>I wrote an application server using BCB 4 that runs on a NT4-Server and
>receives requests from ASP over a IIS 4. On 3 webserver all works fine -
>on a fourth I get a EStackOverflow during a long recursive function.
>On this fourth machine, a EXE Program using the same function works fine
>too. As far as I understand, I can't change the STACKSIZE, when
>compiling a DLL - so what is the right approach to this problem?

I'm not sure how I would go about fixing this problem if I were encountering
it. Note that your .ocx (.dll, .asp, whatever) is running *inside the
process space of the web server*, so is vulnerable to resource allocation
by the web server. [This is why the .exe works even though the .dll
does not].

You might see whether there is a way to configure IIS to be less
parsimonious in giving resources to your ASP (or more parsimonious
in terms of what resources it uses). Alternately, abstract the recursive
function out into a function exposed by an interface in a com object
which resides in an executable (not a bad idea for other reasons ---
it allows you to swap implementations later on if you find a better way
to perform the calculation).

--
Si vales, valeo.

Other Threads