How to create ActiveX Control from my VCL?

Hi,

When I try to create a ActiveX control based on my new VCL by ActiveX
Control Wizard. I can't see my new VCL in the "VCL Class Name" combo
box.

The base class what my VCL derived from is "TClientDataSet".

Thanks

Re:How to create ActiveX Control from my VCL?

: Jack Lin <jack....@intech.com.tw> wrote:

>When I try to create a ActiveX control based on my new VCL by ActiveX
>Control Wizard. I can't see my new VCL in the "VCL Class Name" combo
>box.

>The base class what my VCL derived from is "TClientDataSet".

The wizard can only create ActiveX controls that descend from TWinControl.

Re:How to create ActiveX Control from my VCL?

Thank a lots!

Actually, I'm trying to create a VCL based on TClientDataSet. So I can have my
own data set which enable me to connect to my server(not by IProvider!), with
the powerful components of all data-aware components.

OK, so I can't do it via ActiveX Wizard. Is there other way?

Further more, is the data access mechanism compatiable with MicroSoft Visual
Basic(It's ok to talk about VB here, right?). I imported an FarPoint's Spread
ActiveX(something like DBGrid), one important property is missing, "Data
Source". So, I can NOT connect this "DBGrid" likes component with
Builder's(Version 4.0) data-access controls. Too bad. And, if I did create a
components derived from TClientDataSet, will it work fine in the VB's
enviroments?

It will be beautiful if we can create all components from Builder then
propagate them to VB's users.

Jack Lin

Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) wrote:
> : Jack Lin <jack....@intech.com.tw> wrote:

> >When I try to create a ActiveX control based on my new VCL by ActiveX
> >Control Wizard. I can't see my new VCL in the "VCL Class Name" combo
> >box.

> >The base class what my VCL derived from is "TClientDataSet".

> The wizard can only create ActiveX controls that descend from TWinControl.

> --
> Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)     http://www.econos.de/
> Please do apply judgement when sending email.

Re:How to create ActiveX Control from my VCL?

: Jack Lin <jack....@intech.com.tw> wrote:

>OK, so I can't do it via ActiveX Wizard. Is there other way?

Wrap the TClientDataset up in something that can be used in ActiveX
(Mediator pattern)

>Further more, is the data access mechanism compatiable with MicroSoft Visual
>Basic(It's ok to talk about VB here, right?).

No idea, because I have zero clue about databases - but I doubt it. Please
ask this in one of the database newsgroups.