Making a menu item visible from a thread

Hello!

I hope I am sending this to the right newsgroup - excuse me if I'm not.

I have a main form which has a menu on which one of the menu items is
disabled.  A thread enables the menu item after it has read in and processed
a file.  But the menu item on the main form remains greyed out until I move
my mouse over the menu - at which point it becomes enabled.

Any suggestions how I overcome this?

Many thanks

Andrew Emsley

Re:Making a menu item visible from a thread

"Andrew Emsley" <aems...@brightwell.org.uk> wrote in message

> I have a main form which has a menu on which one
> of the menu items is disabled.  A thread enables the
> menu item after it has read in and processed a file.
> But the menu item on the main form remains greyed
> out until I move my mouse over the menu - at which
> point it becomes enabled.

What does your exact code look like?  Are you using TThread?  If so, are you
using its Synchronize() method?  If not, you need to be.

Gambit

Other Threads