TImage: A problem placing on a form ?

As you will guess from the nature of this question,  I am a novice, however;

I am using C++Builder 5 Professional and I am trying to use an image
(TImage) to fill
available space on a form as a background image  (the form is an MDI form).

I can place the image fine and align and set the stretch function and it
appears in
the form perfectly when I am editing the form.  I can maximise it resize etc
and it
all works perfectly.  However when I compile and run the application,  it
just disappears.

I've tried  Image->Show, Image->BringToFront() and Image->Repaint() in
various combinations
and I've tried one or more Transparent properties;  all to no avail !!

What am I doing wrong  -  any help most welcome.

Thankyou

John Blackburn

Re:TImage: A problem placing on a form ?

Hi John,

> As you will guess from the nature of this question,  I am a novice, however;
> I am using C++Builder 5 Professional and I am trying to use an image
> (TImage) to fill available space on a form as a background image
> (the form is an MDI form).

This is actually a very common question.  The following reference will show you
how it's done...

http://bcbcaq.freeservers.com/MDI_Back.html

Best of luck!

--