Global Variables - Global Functions

You quite often we read that it is impolite to create global variables in an
oo program - instead you are pursuaded to place your variables within the
confines of a class, and to access them from there. I know it may seem
obvious to many, but a similar approach can also be applied to functions. I
found that adding my library functions to a class within a package (making
them static of course so you dont need an instance of the class), first
gives a scope to the function and saves using namespace, and second, makes
them less of a hassle to export as when the class itself is exported, so by
default are its member  functions.
ang.