BCB5: Error processing module [linker processing cpp files!]

This one is strange, I have no reproducible steps as I did not have this
problem yesterday and I don't see what has changed.  Looking for hints,
especially if someone recognises seeing the problem before (although
nothing obvious shows up in Google/QC)

We build our projects out of several libraries, all part of the same
project group.
All the libraries in this group build fine.

However, of the 5 applications in the group, 2 have linker errors today
complaining about the linker trying to process the .cpp files in one of
the libraries.

Now it is obvious to me the linker should not be looking into .cpp
files!  That is the job of the compiler, the linker deals with obj/lib
files.  What I cannot find is what is causing the linker to look into
these files, that should not even be in its search path!

[I saw something similar a few months ago, where a project cpp or file
accidentally USELIBed some files it should have USEUNITed.  Nothing like
that here though, I triple checked :? (]

Can anyone think of a reason for the linker to process .cpp files, and
where I might look to see the problem sneaking in.

--
AlisdairM
Team Thai Kingdom

Re:BCB5: Error processing module [linker processing cpp files!]

is it possible that your using some trial code that has expired ?
it is the turn of the new year you know.
also the fact that is pointing to a CPP may only mean that the
linker is helping you to locate the problem in the source file
hence debugging info..
Alisdair Meredith wrote:
> This one is strange, I have no reproducible steps as I did not have this
> problem yesterday and I don't see what has changed.  Looking for hints,
> especially if someone recognises seeing the problem before (although
> nothing obvious shows up in Google/QC)

> We build our projects out of several libraries, all part of the same
> project group.
> All the libraries in this group build fine.

> However, of the 5 applications in the group, 2 have linker errors today
> complaining about the linker trying to process the .cpp files in one of
> the libraries.

> Now it is obvious to me the linker should not be looking into .cpp
> files!  That is the job of the compiler, the linker deals with obj/lib
> files.  What I cannot find is what is causing the linker to look into
> these files, that should not even be in its search path!

> [I saw something similar a few months ago, where a project cpp or file
> accidentally USELIBed some files it should have USEUNITed.  Nothing like
> that here though, I triple checked :? (]

> Can anyone think of a reason for the linker to process .cpp files, and
> where I might look to see the problem sneaking in.

> --
> AlisdairM
> Team Thai Kingdom

Other Threads