BCB 1.0 compiler == BCB 3.0 compiler ?

Hi,

I have a C++ project that compiled OK in BCB1.0 but that on BCB 3.0 throws a
couple of compile errors.
Does anyone knows if there are any major diferences between the compilers of
BCB1.0 and BCB 3.0?
Is there any way (maybe using some flags) to make these compilers
compatible?

Thank you,

Gustavo Martins

****
 Luis Gustavo Martins
 INESC - Instituto de Engenharia e Sistemas de Computadores
 Largo Mompilher 22, 4000 PORTO
 PORTUGAL
 http://www.inescn.pt
 Tel. 351.2.2087830
 Fax 351.2.2087829
 e-mail: lmart...@inescn.pt
****

Re:BCB 1.0 compiler == BCB 3.0 compiler ?

Hi,

I have a C++ project that compiled OK in BCB1.0 but that on BCB 3.0 throws a
couple of compile errors.
Does anyone knows if there are any major diferences between the compilers of
BCB1.0 and BCB 3.0?
Is there any way (maybe using some flags) to make these compilers
compatible?

Thank you,

Gustavo Martins

****
 Luis Gustavo Martins
 INESC - Instituto de Engenharia e Sistemas de Computadores
 Largo Mompilher 22, 4000 PORTO
 PORTUGAL
 http://www.inescn.pt
 Tel. 351.2.2087830
 Fax 351.2.2087829
 e-mail: lmart...@inescn.pt
****

Re:BCB 1.0 compiler == BCB 3.0 compiler ?

The readme.hlp file outlines most of the changes between BCB1 and BCB3.
I'd start there.

Jeff Overcash

Luis Gustavo Martins wrote:

> Hi,

> I have a C++ project that compiled OK in BCB1.0 but that on BCB 3.0 throws a
> couple of compile errors.
> Does anyone knows if there are any major diferences between the compilers of
> BCB1.0 and BCB 3.0?
> Is there any way (maybe using some flags) to make these compilers
> compatible?

From personal experience and what I've read in these groups, it really
appears that you are better off to start with a new project in BCB3, and
add all your files to the new project.

This method solved all my porblems.

Regards,

Michael Lockey

Re:BCB 1.0 compiler == BCB 3.0 compiler ?

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:17:08 +0100, "Luis Gustavo Martins"

<lmart...@inescn.pt> wrote:
>I have a C++ project that compiled OK in BCB1.0 but that on BCB 3.0 throws a
>couple of compile errors.
>Does anyone knows if there are any major diferences between the compilers of
>BCB1.0 and BCB 3.0?

The only new error I found when upgrading was that properties can't be
use for "through assignments" e.g. x->a = y->b = c. There were quite a
few new warnings, though, most of which I disabled :-)

Other Threads