license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

when I tried to start program with NetManage HTTP component on computer
where is not C++ Builder installed, I got an error message "License
information for THTTP  not found. You cannot use this control in design
mode". I have on that computer registered all needed OCX's and DLL's.
Thanks for any idea or hint
                Petr
                pe...@geocities.com

Re:license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

You need to copy over the .lic file for the control that you are
using.  It lives in the windows\system directory or on nt system32
directory.  .lic files are in text format, so open them in notepad and
see which one relates to the control you are using.

Kevin
On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:19:48 +0100, Petr Spevacek

<pe...@geocities.com> wrote:
>when I tried to start program with NetManage HTTP component on computer
>where is not C++ Builder installed, I got an error message "License
>information for THTTP  not found. You cannot use this control in design
>mode". I have on that computer registered all needed OCX's and DLL's.
>Thanks for any idea or hint
>                Petr
>                pe...@geocities.com

Re:license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

Hi Kevin, I am suffering from the same problem too - but I don't have any
*.lic files on my hard drive.  I do have C++ builder standard and the NEWT
Internet ActiveX 6.02 controls.  I was able to build a correct distribution,
and have the html.ocx control register after installation, but this license
problem persists.  I'm on the verge of distributing a completed application,
but have since been delayed a week with this problem - Help!

jpd
jdeb...@mediaone.net

Kevin (Borland) wrote in message <34f6fb10.241633...@forums.borland.com>...
>You need to copy over the .lic file for the control that you are
>using.  It lives in the windows\system directory or on nt system32
>directory.  .lic files are in text format, so open them in notepad and
>see which one relates to the control you are using.

>Kevin
>On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:19:48 +0100, Petr Spevacek
><pe...@geocities.com> wrote:

>>when I tried to start program with NetManage HTTP component on computer
>>where is not C++ Builder installed, I got an error message "License
>>information for THTTP  not found. You cannot use this control in design
>>mode". I have on that computer registered all needed OCX's and DLL's.
>>Thanks for any idea or hint
>>                Petr
>>                pe...@geocities.com

Re:license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

Talk to NEWT they should have given you the *.lic files when you got
the components

Kevin
On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 21:42:18 -0500, "Jeff Debrosse"

<jde...@mediaone.net> wrote:
>Hi Kevin, I am suffering from the same problem too - but I don't have any
>*.lic files on my hard drive.  I do have C++ builder standard and the NEWT
>Internet ActiveX 6.02 controls.  I was able to build a correct distribution,
>and have the html.ocx control register after installation, but this license
>problem persists.  I'm on the verge of distributing a completed application,
>but have since been delayed a week with this problem - Help!

>jpd
>jdeb...@mediaone.net

>Kevin (Borland) wrote in message <34f6fb10.241633...@forums.borland.com>...
>>You need to copy over the .lic file for the control that you are
>>using.  It lives in the windows\system directory or on nt system32
>>directory.  .lic files are in text format, so open them in notepad and
>>see which one relates to the control you are using.

>>Kevin
>>On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:19:48 +0100, Petr Spevacek
>><pe...@geocities.com> wrote:

>>>when I tried to start program with NetManage HTTP component on computer
>>>where is not C++ Builder installed, I got an error message "License
>>>information for THTTP  not found. You cannot use this control in design
>>>mode". I have on that computer registered all needed OCX's and DLL's.
>>>Thanks for any idea or hint
>>>                Petr
>>>                pe...@geocities.com

Re:license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

Yes, I have still the same problem like Jeff. I downloaded the NetManage
components 6.02 free from Internet and have not any *.LIC (only some for Graph
ActiveX (??) - come with Builder)) files anywhere. But at the computer where I
installed the components (and where is Builder too) averything is OK (the
programs works also out from Builder) but when I am running the prog. on another
computer without Builder, the error message appears.
In NetManage documentation is something about license.reg (in c:\windows\system I
think) file (that I cannot distribute this), but it is 0 bytes length...
So maybe must be something in registry ??
Somebody can help ???
        Thanks
                Petr Spevacek
                pe...@geocities.com

Kevin (Borland) wrote:
> Talk to NEWT they should have given you the *.lic files when you got
> the components

> Kevin
> On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 21:42:18 -0500, "Jeff Debrosse"
> <jde...@mediaone.net> wrote:

> >Hi Kevin, I am suffering from the same problem too - but I don't have any
> >*.lic files on my hard drive.  I do have C++ builder standard and the NEWT
> >Internet ActiveX 6.02 controls.  I was able to build a correct distribution,
> >and have the html.ocx control register after installation, but this license
> >problem persists.  I'm on the verge of distributing a completed application,
> >but have since been delayed a week with this problem - Help!

> >jpd
> >jdeb...@mediaone.net

> >Kevin (Borland) wrote in message <34f6fb10.241633...@forums.borland.com>...
> >>You need to copy over the .lic file for the control that you are
> >>using.  It lives in the windows\system directory or on nt system32
> >>directory.  .lic files are in text format, so open them in notepad and
> >>see which one relates to the control you are using.

> >>Kevin

Re:license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

Like you said the FREE internet controls.

They are free to use but not to deploy.  If you buy them you get the
*.lic file so they are licenced.  May that is why they call them
licences?

Buy the controls and then you will get the licences so you can deploy
them to other machines.

Kevin
On Mon, 02 Mar 1998 18:00:40 +0100, Petr Spevacek

<pe...@geocities.com> wrote:
>Yes, I have still the same problem like Jeff. I downloaded the NetManage
>components 6.02 free from Internet and have not any *.LIC (only some for Graph
>ActiveX (??) - come with Builder)) files anywhere. But at the computer where I
>installed the components (and where is Builder too) averything is OK (the
>programs works also out from Builder) but when I am running the prog. on another
>computer without Builder, the error message appears.
>In NetManage documentation is something about license.reg (in c:\windows\system I
>think) file (that I cannot distribute this), but it is 0 bytes length...
>So maybe must be something in registry ??
>Somebody can help ???
>        Thanks
>                Petr Spevacek
>                pe...@geocities.com

>Kevin (Borland) wrote:

>> Talk to NEWT they should have given you the *.lic files when you got
>> the components

>> Kevin
>> On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 21:42:18 -0500, "Jeff Debrosse"
>> <jde...@mediaone.net> wrote:

>> >Hi Kevin, I am suffering from the same problem too - but I don't have any
>> >*.lic files on my hard drive.  I do have C++ builder standard and the NEWT
>> >Internet ActiveX 6.02 controls.  I was able to build a correct distribution,
>> >and have the html.ocx control register after installation, but this license
>> >problem persists.  I'm on the verge of distributing a completed application,
>> >but have since been delayed a week with this problem - Help!

>> >jpd
>> >jdeb...@mediaone.net

Re:license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

This is completely unacceptable.  I will contact NetManage on this, they
will probably point me to the other company that now (unfortunately)
inherited this responsibility - the name escapes me at this moment.

How can any company release a development environment and controls (network,
graphical UI, serial I/O, etc..) and NOT allow the developer to release
them?  There must have been some funky under-funded study that showed that
we all primarily write applications for our own narcissistic pleasure.

jpd - more than slighty miffed...

p.s. Sorry for the bitternes folks, I lost A LOT of time writing something
to specifically use the THTML control and found that I eventually could NOT
release the application+control (and associated DLL's).  Yeah, time is
definitely money - and I lost some...

I just ordered BCB v3 and I really hope that Borland is not shoveling
someone else's {*word*99}py (free) ActiveX controls in there for networking
(again).  Got my fingers crossed....

Kevin (Borland) wrote in message <34fb5360.526385...@forums.borland.com>...
>Like you said the FREE internet controls.

>They are free to use but not to deploy.  If you buy them you get the
>*.lic file so they are licenced.  May that is why they call them
>licences?

>Buy the controls and then you will get the licences so you can deploy
>them to other machines.

>Kevin
>On Mon, 02 Mar 1998 18:00:40 +0100, Petr Spevacek
><pe...@geocities.com> wrote:

>>Yes, I have still the same problem like Jeff. I downloaded the NetManage
>>components 6.02 free from Internet and have not any *.LIC (only some for
Graph
>>ActiveX (??) - come with Builder)) files anywhere. But at the computer
where I
>>installed the components (and where is Builder too) averything is OK (the
>>programs works also out from Builder) but when I am running the prog. on
another
>>computer without Builder, the error message appears.
>>In NetManage documentation is something about license.reg (in
c:\windows\system I
>>think) file (that I cannot distribute this), but it is 0 bytes length...
>>So maybe must be something in registry ??
>>Somebody can help ???
>>        Thanks
>>                Petr Spevacek
>>                pe...@geocities.com

>>Kevin (Borland) wrote:

>>> Talk to NEWT they should have given you the *.lic files when you got
>>> the components

>>> Kevin

NEWT

<34f6fb10.241633...@forums.borland.com>...

Re:license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

If you have the professional version of C++ Builder then you can
deploy internet applications.  If you have the Standard (which does
not have the internet controls from Borland) and you got the internet
controls from Net Masters, you have the demo internet controls.  As
demos you can use them and try them but you cannot distribute them.

If you have the Standard your options are as follows:
a)Buy the Professional
b)Buy the controls from Net Masters

If you have the professional and are still haveing this problem then i
will look further into it and try to find why you don't have the
liscences.

Sorry if I got confussed when you said that you got the controls free
from Net Masters.

Kevin
On Sat, 7 Mar 1998 00:18:50 -0500, "Jeff Debrosse"

<jde...@mediaone.net> wrote:
>This is completely unacceptable.  I will contact NetManage on this, they
>will probably point me to the other company that now (unfortunately)
>inherited this responsibility - the name escapes me at this moment.

>How can any company release a development environment and controls (network,
>graphical UI, serial I/O, etc..) and NOT allow the developer to release
>them?  There must have been some funky under-funded study that showed that
>we all primarily write applications for our own narcissistic pleasure.

>jpd - more than slighty miffed...

>p.s. Sorry for the bitternes folks, I lost A LOT of time writing something
>to specifically use the THTML control and found that I eventually could NOT
>release the application+control (and associated DLL's).  Yeah, time is
>definitely money - and I lost some...

>I just ordered BCB v3 and I really hope that Borland is not shoveling
>someone else's {*word*99}py (free) ActiveX controls in there for networking
>(again).  Got my fingers crossed....

>Kevin (Borland) wrote in message <34fb5360.526385...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Like you said the FREE internet controls.

>>They are free to use but not to deploy.  If you buy them you get the
>>*.lic file so they are licenced.  May that is why they call them
>>licences?

>>Buy the controls and then you will get the licences so you can deploy
>>them to other machines.

>>Kevin
>>On Mon, 02 Mar 1998 18:00:40 +0100, Petr Spevacek
>><pe...@geocities.com> wrote:

>>>Yes, I have still the same problem like Jeff. I downloaded the NetManage
>>>components 6.02 free from Internet and have not any *.LIC (only some for
>Graph
>>>ActiveX (??) - come with Builder)) files anywhere. But at the computer
>where I
>>>installed the components (and where is Builder too) averything is OK (the
>>>programs works also out from Builder) but when I am running the prog. on
>another
>>>computer without Builder, the error message appears.
>>>In NetManage documentation is something about license.reg (in
>c:\windows\system I
>>>think) file (that I cannot distribute this), but it is 0 bytes length...
>>>So maybe must be something in registry ??
>>>Somebody can help ???
>>>        Thanks
>>>                Petr Spevacek
>>>                pe...@geocities.com

>any
>NEWT
>distribution,
>license
>application,

><34f6fb10.241633...@forums.borland.com>...

>computer
>design

Re:license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

Thanks for the reply Kevin.  I have since picked up BCB version 3.

I noticed that the UDP control has changed, sigh.... it is causing me some
grief because when
I try to use ReadBuffer in the  ReadStream method (as in the example in the
help file),
the test computer (proxy server) goes into a "blue screen" once it receives
data, and it
eventually has to be rebooted.

Any clues or directions to point me to (besides netmasters) - I'm looking
for something like a UDP demo
which is not included in the internet examples.

Thanks again,

jpd

Kevin (Borland) wrote in message <350421b0.1103489...@forums.borland.com>...
>If you have the professional version of C++ Builder then you can
>deploy internet applications.  If you have the Standard (which does
>not have the internet controls from Borland) and you got the internet
>controls from Net Masters, you have the demo internet controls.  As
>demos you can use them and try them but you cannot distribute them.

>If you have the Standard your options are as follows:
>a)Buy the Professional
>b)Buy the controls from Net Masters

>If you have the professional and are still haveing this problem then i
>will look further into it and try to find why you don't have the
>liscences.

>Sorry if I got confussed when you said that you got the controls free
>from Net Masters.

>Kevin
>On Sat, 7 Mar 1998 00:18:50 -0500, "Jeff Debrosse"
><jde...@mediaone.net> wrote:

>>This is completely unacceptable.  I will contact NetManage on this, they
>>will probably point me to the other company that now (unfortunately)
>>inherited this responsibility - the name escapes me at this moment.

>>How can any company release a development environment and controls
(network,
>>graphical UI, serial I/O, etc..) and NOT allow the developer to release
>>them?  There must have been some funky under-funded study that showed that
>>we all primarily write applications for our own narcissistic pleasure.

>>jpd - more than slighty miffed...

>>p.s. Sorry for the bitternes folks, I lost A LOT of time writing something
>>to specifically use the THTML control and found that I eventually could
NOT
>>release the application+control (and associated DLL's).  Yeah, time is
>>definitely money - and I lost some...

>>I just ordered BCB v3 and I really hope that Borland is not shoveling
>>someone else's {*word*99}py (free) ActiveX controls in there for networking
>>(again).  Got my fingers crossed....

>>Kevin (Borland) wrote in message

<34fb5360.526385...@forums.borland.com>...

>>>Like you said the FREE internet controls.

>>>They are free to use but not to deploy.  If you buy them you get the
>>>*.lic file so they are licenced.  May that is why they call them
>>>licences?

>>>Buy the controls and then you will get the licences so you can deploy
>>>them to other machines.

>>>Kevin

>>Graph
>>where I
>>another
>>c:\windows\system I

>>any
>>NEWT
>>distribution,
>>license
>>application,

>><34f6fb10.241633...@forums.borland.com>...

>>computer
>>design
DLL's.

Re:license information not found (NetManage HTTP comp.)

I have since fixed the problem here.  The example was incorrect.

Thanks,

jpd

Other Threads