InstallShield Express (BCB3 custom version)

Hi,

I've been trying out InstallShield that comes with BCB3, and despite
repeated attempts, installations, re-installations, etc, I cannot get
the disk builder to run without locking up my computer. In fact, the
first time I tried, I rebooted and discovered that a directory
containing components to be included in the the installation, had been
nuked! The directory was completely empty!. On subsequent attempts,
the program even nuked itself :0.

I have also tried the evalutation version which also exhibited the
same problem.

Anyway, enough is enough, I'm not wasting any more time on it. Guess,
I'll have to try the Wise version, but please Borland, I mean Inprise,
do your users a favour and bundle an installation program thats at
least half decent when you release future versions of BCB.

Re:InstallShield Express (BCB3 custom version)

Ian
IS Express may not be a great product, but it can be used
and you are the first post I have seen complaining about such
problems.
So you had a special problem, maybe a bad Cd
or some other thing, but something special to your computer.
Gerard

On Wed, 03 Jun 1998 11:24:40 GMT, idsm...@netcomuk.co.uk (Ian Smith)
wrote:

>Hi,

>I've been trying out InstallShield that comes with BCB3, and despite
>repeated attempts, installations, re-installations, etc, I cannot get
>the disk builder to run without locking up my computer. In fact, the
>first time I tried, I rebooted and discovered that a directory
>containing components to be included in the the installation, had been
>nuked! The directory was completely empty!. On subsequent attempts,
>the program even nuked itself :0.

>I have also tried the evalutation version which also exhibited the
>same problem.

>Anyway, enough is enough, I'm not wasting any more time on it. Guess,
>I'll have to try the Wise version, but please Borland, I mean Inprise,
>do your users a favour and bundle an installation program thats at
>least half decent when you release future versions of BCB.

Other Threads