Registering ActiveX control - am I missing something?

I'm trying to register a Caere OCR activeX control
(this control is from the Caere OCR SDK, not some
runtime control that came with Wordscan or something).

So I select Component | Import ActiveX Control.

The Import ActiveX dialog appears, and there is the
control I want to register in the list.

So I select it and hit Install.

The package options dialog opens up with a default.
I take the default and hit OK.

The help says that at this point magic things happen
and the control winds up on the ActiveX pallette.

What actually happens is that some code opens up
in the editor, and no library rebuild occurs like what happens
in Delphi. No icon on the ActiveX pallette, either.

I tried installing this control in Delphi 3.0 and it installed
just as you would expect. Everything was automagically
rebuilt, an icon appeared on the ActiveX pallette, and
no code window opened up.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

BTW: I have builder 3.0 standard, if that makes any
difference.

Thanks!  Mike

Re:Registering ActiveX control - am I missing something?

Mike,

    Before you waste a lot of time and probable
grief, see the entries for the new IMPLIB.  Also
note that it must be run from the command line,
not from the IDE.  Sorry it isn't a perfect world.

Re:Registering ActiveX control - am I missing something?

(text omitted - see previous post)

The problem was that I had apparently hit Add at some
point instead of Install.

I deleted the source code generated by BC++ for that
control and tried it again and it registered it successfully.

If anybody cares.

Mike

Re:Registering ActiveX control - am I missing something?

Thanx for sharing the resolution :)

Alex

Mike Burress wrote:

> (text omitted - see previous post)

> The problem was that I had apparently hit Add at some
> point instead of Install.

> I deleted the source code generated by BC++ for that
> control and tried it again and it registered it successfully.

> If anybody cares.

> Mike

Other Threads