Board index » cppbuilder » Unable to perform incremental link - performing full link...

Unable to perform incremental link - performing full link...

Hi all,

Why is this error hapenning? Could it be something I've changed lately?
cause I dont remember this hapenning before, at least not constantly. The
help file only says maybe theres an error with one of the il* files, but
that doesnt help much...

Thanx!

Or Dubnov, Programmer
Stellar Satellite Communications Ltd.
www.stellar-sat.com

Tel : 972-3-6175657
Fax: 972-3-6175255

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Re:Unable to perform incremental link - performing full link...


Quorthon,

What version of Builder (including any patches) are you using?

Quote
> The help file only says maybe theres an error with one of the il* files,
> but that doesnt help much...

Have you tried deleting the *.IL? files?

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Unable to perform incremental link - performing full link...


first of all, thanx for the help!... 8-)

Im using BCB5 with a SysTools patch that never gave me any problems so I
dont think thats the cause. About deleting the IL* files I didnt try but
everytime I got the error message, it generated new IL* files so I dont
think this will help, I mean the compiler gives the same error on its own
newly generated IL* files if I compile it again... I'll try anyway, cause I
dont have any better ideas...

Or

Quote
"Andrue Cope" <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry> wrote in message

news:VA.000011b6.00c6a5c9@email.address.sorry...
Quote
> Quorthon,

> What version of Builder (including any patches) are you using?

> > The help file only says maybe theres an error with one of the il* files,
> > but that doesnt help much...

> Have you tried deleting the *.IL? files?

> Andrue Cope
> [Bicester, UK]

Re:Unable to perform incremental link - performing full link...


Quorthon,

Quote
> Im using BCB5 with a SysTools patch that never gave me any problems so I
> dont think thats the cause.

I wasn't thinking it was a cause I was just trying to get some additional
information from you.

Different versions of any piece of software have different characteristics
and because of this it is usually advisable to indicate the version you
are using when you are reporting a possible bug.

You mention a 'SysTools patch' - what is that? It sounds like some third
party add-on in which case it isn't a patch. AFAIK there has only been one
patch for Builder 5 and that was issued by Borland and is probably still
available somewhere on their web site. Interestingly that patch did
address a problem with the linker that from memory had symptoms similar to
what you describe.

If you have applied the patch it will be mentioned in the About box as
'Update pack 1'.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Unable to perform incremental link - performing full link...


Hi,

I had the same error message and I solved it by opening up project options, going to the compiler tab, and looking at the filename box. It contained an invalid path. I changed it to the default ($(BCB)\lib\vcl50.csm) and all was well.

Hope this helps...

Herminio

Re:Unable to perform incremental link - performing full link...


Hey Herminio,

I think the problem you're talking about has to do with 'unable to cache
pre-compiled headers' or something, I had that one too... 8-)

10x anyway

Quote
"Herminio" <herminio.gonza...@ctsu.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message

news:3c888e7e$1_1@dnews...
Quote

> Hi,

> I had the same error message and I solved it by opening up project

options, going to the compiler tab, and looking at the filename box. It
contained an invalid path. I changed it to the default
($(BCB)\lib\vcl50.csm) and all was well.
Quote

> Hope this helps...

> Herminio

Re:Unable to perform incremental link - performing full link...


Andrue,

I installed BCB5ProUpdate1dl'd from Borland... sorry about the
misunderstanding, SysTools is a VCL thingie, just a few components. so what
do I do with this, now that it's (I assume) the patch you were referring
to?...

Quorthon

Quote
"Andrue Cope" <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry> wrote in message

news:VA.000011b9.0166391b@email.address.sorry...
Quote
> Quorthon,

> > Im using BCB5 with a SysTools patch that never gave me any problems so I
> > dont think thats the cause.

> I wasn't thinking it was a cause I was just trying to get some additional
> information from you.

> Different versions of any piece of software have different characteristics
> and because of this it is usually advisable to indicate the version you
> are using when you are reporting a possible bug.

> You mention a 'SysTools patch' - what is that? It sounds like some third
> party add-on in which case it isn't a patch. AFAIK there has only been one
> patch for Builder 5 and that was issued by Borland and is probably still
> available somewhere on their web site. Interestingly that patch did
> address a problem with the linker that from memory had symptoms similar to
> what you describe.

> If you have applied the patch it will be mentioned in the About box as
> 'Update pack 1'.

> Andrue Cope
> [Bicester, UK]

Re:Unable to perform incremental link - performing full link...


Quorthon,

Quote
> so what
> do I do with this, now that it's (I assume) the patch you were referring
> to?...

Well if you've installed the patch then you have the linker fixes. If the
problem persists it must be something else - perhaps a bug. If it is a bug
then the only 'fix' available to you would be to upgrade to BCB6.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Other Threads