Linker error when importing delphi modules in BCB6

Hi,

I have a problem with linker errors when I try to import some of the delphi
components from Torrys Delphi Pages www.torry.net). I use Borland C++
Builder 6. The error message is always the same:

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
Outline::TCustomOutline::~TCustomOutline()' referenced from C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\LIB\BCBSMP.LIB|.\cdiroutl.cpp

-------- some 20 similar rows snipped

I am able to import some components, but many of them fail with the same
error message as result. I have also discovered that a component that
installed succesfully earlier can generate the same linker error if I
rebuild the package. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong.

TIA

/ CS

Re:Linker error when importing delphi modules in BCB6

To bring some further clarity in what I am trying to do:

The components are imported into a package which is then installed so I can
use the components from the IDE. The package however refuses to build
sometimes, giving the linker errors I mentioned in my previous post.

"CS" <chs...@hotmail.com> wrote"

> The components are imported into a package which is then installed
so I can
> use the components from the IDE. The package however refuses to
build
> sometimes, giving the linker errors I mentioned in my previous post.

I've had the same problem, see my post "Problems with packages".
My solution was to remove bcbsmp.lib (dclbcbsmp60.bpl) from the
LIBRARIES and SPARELIBS. Save and close all. Reopen the package and
build.

Wim

"CS" wrote:
> It really worked! How strange. One would think that creating a new
"default"
> package shouldnt generate any linker errors. Thanks so very much
for the
> help. By the way, do you know what bcbsmp.lib is used for?

I believe it's the old sample package.
Wim

Other Threads